Thread: Open Carry Luncheon - Tucson - October 1, 2011

Open Carry Luncheon - Tucson - October 1, 2011

AzCDL's annual meeting is coming up on October 1st, in Tucson, and we like our attendees to open carry

See you there!
    Fred

Nice.

I'll do my best to be there.
    T.V. brings on a whole new meaning to thinking inside the box.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    I'll do my best to be there.
    Thanks Malcolm!

All reservations have to be made by September 25th. Because we have to order the meals in advance we cannot accept "walk-ins" on October 1st.

You can save money if you join or renew at a gun show.
    The online prices for the annual meeting are $30 (one ticket) and $50 (two tickets).
    At a gun show, it's $25 for one ticket and $40 for two tickets - but you already paid about $10 to get into the gun shows.

Luncheon tickets automatically come with new and renewed memberships

Fred

Well I just renewed my sustaining membership so does that mean I can eat 2x as much?
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    Well I just renewed my sustaining membership so does that mean I can eat 2x as much?
    Yep - it's an all you can eat BBQ

I spotted your renewal when I checked my email this morning.

Your Sustaining Annual Membership means I'm sending you TWO free luncheon tickets and your free AzCDL t-shirt.

I'll get the annual meeting tickets out to you in the next couple of days.

Thanks (and congratulations) on renewing your membership!

Fred

Front Sight Diamond Life Membership

I know I'm being greedy but does that diamond membership include the guns, rolex and birthday party?

ETA Not that I could afford the taxes on such a generous prize.
    Last edited by sharkey; 09-20-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    I know I'm being greedy but does that diamond membership include the guns, rolex and birthday party?
    We wish

No guns or gear came with this one. Just "all you can eat" for any course they have.

ETA Not that I could afford the taxes on such a generous prize.
    Not to worry. We picked it up at a nice discount.

Other door prizes include a Ruger LC9, a Front Sight Course certificate (4 day pistol class) and a smaller membership deal. At the moment, luncheon ticket holders have about a 1 in 75 chance of winning something at our annual meeting. Factor in our two raffles (Ruger LCR and Springfield XD) that will also be drawn at the annual meeting and it would be hard not to win something.

See you there!
    Fred

The wife and I renewed at the Pima County gun show... so we'll be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    The wife and I renewed at the Pima County gun show... so we'll be here.
    Awesome! Thanks!

Fred

From the 'guy wearin' the .45 cross draw rig'(as was announced)... Maybe we'll get that 'granted the privilege' wording out of the AZ CWP? The pols at the table were bobbing their heads 'yes' as soon as I mentioned it.... along withe the AZ Constitution (Sec 2 Art 26). We won the auction for the Taurus PT 145(.45acp 6 mags, gun case and the holster) too. : ) Good crowd... looked to be over 400 people there... 'n looked like close to half of 'em women. I agree the next 'dinner' should be downtown and much more 'visible'.
    Last edited by Sonora Rebel; 10-01-2011 at 10:59 PM.

From the 'guy wearin' the .45 cross draw rig'(as was announced)... Maybe we'll get that 'granted the privilege' wording out of the AZ CWP? The pols at the table were bobbing their heads 'yes' as soon as I mentioned it.... along withe the AZ Constitution (Sec 2 Art 26). We won the auction for the Taurus PT 145(.45acp 6 mags, gun case and the holster) too. : ) Good crowd... looked to be over 400 people there... 'n looked like close to half of 'em women. I agree the next 'dinner' should be downtown and much more 'visible'.
    SR:

If you have no use for that PT 145, I know someone who could use it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV View Post
    SR:

If you have no use for that PT 145, I know someone who could use it!!
    No chance.

No chance.
    Oh, well. It was worth a try! Enjoy!

I'm slow. I finally joined.

Wish me luck on the raffle I didn't see any difference between the white ticket and the yellow other than the color. Did I miss something?

1 Family Membership, T-Shirt1: XL, T-Shirt2: XL 80.00 80.00
    1 Raffle Ticket - Springfield XDM Competition Pistol (White Ticket) 10.00 10.00
    1 Raffle Ticket - Springfield XDM Competition Pistol (Yellow Ticket) 10.00 10.00

I'm slow. I finally joined.

Wish me luck on the raffle I didn't see any difference between the white ticket and the yellow other than the color. Did I miss something?

1 Family Membership, T-Shirt1: XL, T-Shirt2: XL 80.00 80.00
    1 Raffle Ticket - Springfield XDM Competition Pistol (White Ticket) 10.00 10.00
    1 Raffle Ticket - Springfield XDM Competition Pistol (Yellow Ticket) 10.00 10.00
    Thanks for joining AZCDL..............and good luck with the raffle tickets.

I didn't see any difference between the white ticket and the yellow other than the color. Did I miss something?
    Congratulations on joining AzCDL! I just printed out your incoming sales receipt. With the legislation session going on, I'm in the proverbial swamp up to my ass in alligators. With all the gun shows plus the legislative session, turnaround time on membership cards is about 4-6 weeks.

Regarding the raffle tickets. Originally we purchased two of the XDM Competition pistols, printed 500 "white" tickets and announced the raffle. They started selling like hotcakes. Seeing that there was lots of interest, we bought another pair of XDM Competition pistols and printed another set of 500 tickets, this time yellow in color. Each ticket represents two chances to win a pistol regardless of color.

For those reading this the first time, you can buy the tickets at AzCDL's online store. We're almost sold out of the white tickets, so I recommend buying the yellow tickets. These raffles are fund raisers for AzCDL. Instead of inundating you with "the sky is falling send money" emails and letters, we sell raffle tickets for great guns. It helps pay the bills, so please spread the word about our raffles.

Also for those lucky enought to read this thread, I just posted AzCDL's February 2012 newsletter at our website. It'll be a couple of days before I get the Alert out.

Just joined the AZCDL.
    I am curious if there is a luncheon scheduled for this year yet?

Thanks,
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Copper State 1911 View Post
    Just joined the AZCDL. I am curious if there is a luncheon scheduled for this year yet? Thanks, Adrian
    We're working on it. This year it will be in Phoenix. Targeting October 6, 2012.

Because we're bringing in crowds of over 400, and expect an even larger group this year, we're looking at new venues.

We'll probably start announcing it in July.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    We're working on it. This year it will be in Phoenix. Targeting October 6, 2012.

Because we're bringing in crowds of over 400, and expect an even larger group this year, we're looking at new venues.

We'll probably start announcing it in July.

Fred

Phoenix, Yeah!

Oh my. I just realized I never renewed my membership. I've been a sustaining member for three years running and I missed a year! What was I thinking? Maybe I should just become a life member and not have to worry about forgetting again! Dagnabit!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahwg View Post
    Oh my. I just realized I never renewed my membership. I've been a sustaining member for three years running and I missed a year! What was I thinking? Maybe I should just become a life member and not have to worry about forgetting again! Dagnabit!
    Don't worry about forgetting. We'll still take your money

For a life membership, we credit you with every membership payment you make towards a life membership.

If you've paid for 3 years at the Sustaining level at the online rates, you're half way there.

Probably best to contact me directly at treasurer@azcdl.org .

As an FYI, we'll probably cross the 5,500 member mark this month (February). I've been getting reports from the 3 gun shows we worked this weekend and it looks like the combined total is around 100 new members.

For those reading this. All you need to become a member is go here and follow instructions.

Fred

I know it's important for AZCDL to keep costs down but I would prefer my shirts American made (preferably Arizona made) instead of imported from Mexico and made in Haiti.

I'll still wear it with pride.

Just a suggestion.

I'm going to purchase/renew the Family Membership.
    A couple of questions.

1) Will our renewal date show from February (when our current membership expires) or Sept.?
    2) If we use the 3rd Annual Meeting ticket for our 15 year old son and his ticket is drawn for one of the prizes can we claim it instead of him (I know he's too young and I want the prize for myself )?
    Last edited by sharkey; 09-10-2012 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Removed question 3, answered on post #7

Will our renewal date show from February (when our current membership expires) or Sept.?
    If your membership has not expired, we add 12 months to the current expiration date. If your membership is due to expire in February 2013, it will be extended to February 2014. If it has expired, we start fresh from the date we receive your payment.

If we use the 3rd Annual Meeting ticket for our 15 year old son and his ticket is drawn for one of the prizes can we claim it instead of him (I know he's too young and I want the prize for myself
    We call out the winning ticket number. Whoever shows it too us gets the door prize. If it's a firearm, we transfer through FFL's only.

See you there!
    Fred