Thread: Top Shot on History Channel

Top Shot on History Channel

Does anyone else enjoy watching this show? I thought the contraption at the end of last nights show was incredibly awesome! The second fellow was really in a groove.

Yeah!!! I love watching that show!

I liked the glass jar shooting gallery too! And, did you see the shot stats on that one? LOL That red team really had some disappointing performances from some of the 'shotgun' folks!

But the cannonball run was awesome and we are trying to figure out how to make a portable one for us to take to the local outdoor range!

I really liked the stage coach elimination too!

I also thought it was hilarious how the red team started the 'practice runs' during down time
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Loffmar77 View Post
    Does anyone else enjoy watching this show? I thought the contraption at the end of last nights show was incredibly awesome! The second fellow was really in a groove.
    Tried. But forty minutes of "coming up next" and repetition of what I saw before the commercials, and "introspection" on what happened, and about 4 minutes of shooting per episode turned me completely off.

I watched the first two seasons on Netflix. Pretty cool shows with the trick shots and such. Only problem I have with it it people being voted off, nothing really to do with skill. Fun to watch but should be called Lucky Shot instead of Top Shot.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Watched the first season, watched the first episode of the second season, stopped wasting my time after that. I'd rather watch random gun videos on Youtube.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    It's a cool show, but yeah it's 4 mins of shooting in the middle of 45 mins of drama.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Tried. But forty minutes of "coming up next" and repetition of what I saw before the commercials, and "introspection" on what happened, and about 4 minutes of shooting per episode turned me completely off.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    It's a cool show, but yeah it's 4 mins of shooting in the middle of 45 mins of drama.
    Ehem....*clears throat*..... Deeee Veeee Rrrrrr

I actually have two unwatched episodes on my DVR now which is the only way I can stand to watch it. It's a lot like a Japanese anime with all the "introspection" and bull-puckey and lack of real action, unfortunately I'm a sucker for some anime and I waste my time on that too.

The reason I haven't watched my two recorded episodes yet is that I have to be pretty bored to do so because I agree it's too much of a reality show and not enough of a skill competition. On the other hand, it does do a service of helping to keep a good view of guns in mainstream thinking.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 08-25-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

I like the courses they set up ... they do come up with some pretty cool courses

The drama, well, most I can do without, but I do like to see the credentials and watch how they perform against the skills of their bonafidees.

Some are seriously lacking in skill under pressure.

As for the voting aspect, that is just another popularity contest ... I have only seen it used (last season) correctly when they kept trying to eliminate the Navy Seal just because he ticked off the AirForce Sniper by not talking about his missions. By my count, the Navy Seal earned $8,000 in Bass Master credit.

I would like to see parent/child teams ... me and DD would definitely try out for that one
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Kind of hokey, but yes I do watch it because weapons are involved.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com