• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Top Shot on History Channel

Loffmar77

Does anyone else enjoy watching this show? I thought the contraption at the end of last nights show was incredibly awesome! The second fellow was really in a groove.

okboomer

Yeah!!! I love watching that show!

I liked the glass jar shooting gallery too! And, did you see the shot stats on that one? LOL That red team really had some disappointing performances from some of the 'shotgun' folks!

But the cannonball run was awesome and we are trying to figure out how to make a portable one for us to take to the local outdoor range!

I really liked the stage coach elimination too!

I also thought it was hilarious how the red team started the 'practice runs' during down time :lol::lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Does anyone else enjoy watching this show? I thought the contraption at the end of last nights show was incredibly awesome! The second fellow was really in a groove.

Tried. But forty minutes of "coming up next" and repetition of what I saw before the commercials, and "introspection" on what happened, and about 4 minutes of shooting per episode turned me completely off.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I watched the first two seasons on Netflix. Pretty cool shows with the trick shots and such. Only problem I have with it it people being voted off, nothing really to do with skill. Fun to watch but should be called Lucky Shot instead of Top Shot.

DangerClose

Watched the first season, watched the first episode of the second season, stopped wasting my time after that. I'd rather watch random gun videos on Youtube.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Tried. But forty minutes of "coming up next" and repetition of what I saw before the commercials, and "introspection" on what happened, and about 4 minutes of shooting per episode turned me completely off.

It's a cool show, but yeah it's 4 mins of shooting in the middle of 45 mins of drama.

Ehem....*clears throat*..... Deeee Veeee Rrrrrr :p:lol:

I actually have two unwatched episodes on my DVR now which is the only way I can stand to watch it. It's a lot like a Japanese anime with all the "introspection" and bull-puckey and lack of real action, unfortunately I'm a sucker for some anime and I waste my time on that too.

The reason I haven't watched my two recorded episodes yet is that I have to be pretty bored to do so because I agree it's too much of a reality show and not enough of a skill competition. On the other hand, it does do a service of helping to keep a good view of guns in mainstream thinking.

Last edited:

okboomer

I like the courses they set up ... they do come up with some pretty cool courses :banana:

The drama, well, most I can do without, but I do like to see the credentials and watch how they perform against the skills of their bonafidees.

Some are seriously lacking in skill under pressure.

As for the voting aspect, that is just another popularity contest ... I have only seen it used (last season) correctly when they kept trying to eliminate the Navy Seal just because he ticked off the AirForce Sniper by not talking about his missions. By my count, the Navy Seal earned $8,000 in Bass Master credit.

I would like to see parent/child teams ... me and DD would definitely try out for that one :banana: