• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good experience at dentist's office, of all places

Rich Keagy

I got to talking with the dental hygienist and dentist after they scraped 6 months off my molars. Told him of wife visiting San Francisco, and, in a 'scruffy' area, wanted her gun handy. It wasn't.
The good dentist related a near identical story of when he was in that same city attending a national dentist hoe down. He felt the need of a pistol one evening.
He asked about my wife's gun, so, turning, I showed him the gun on my hip, and feeling no bad vibes, slowly produced it for him to examine. (He looked very interested)
edit to add: I have wife's gun as mine is in the shop. Wife is safe.
He said 'nice', and I re-holstered the Kimber Pro Carry HD II with Esmeralda grips.
No running and screaming, it was more like I was showing off a new phone, except they were interested, lol.
I wasn't pulled over by the cops and they haven't phoned so I think I'm in the clear.
They even gave an engraved invitation to come back in six months! They love me.
Did I commit any sort of gun etiquette blunder?

Last edited:

Gundude

I had a discussion with my dentist. I asked him if he would defend himself if he was being robbed. He said he would just hand over his money.
I asked if he would defend his wife from being raped. He said he really didn't think it would ever happen. I suggested that probably every woman that got raped thought it would never happen to them either.
It got kind of quiet after that.

tall_tree

True story.

I was in the hygienists chair getting a checkup and cleaning while visiting Florida last year. The doc and I are old friends.

Hygienist leans in and quietly says, "Doc says you are packing, is that true?"

I lift up my shirt and carefully pull out my pistol.

She smiles, turns and shows me her pistol under her white coat.

Florida, what a state. It was hard making the transition back to CA after being there two months in CCW mode.

Last edited: