Thread: Local Media Lorton VA

Local Media Lorton VA

I just got a gig as a freelance writer for the Lorton Patch. I sat next to Ed at the National Press Club 2AF and SCCC convention and my article takes on a few of Colin Godard's points. http://lorton.patch.com/blog_posts/s...-institution-2 Please read and comment. Help me show the Lorton Patch that positive self defense articles can generate hits. Thanks everybody. Jay

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Nice article - left my comment too.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks a lot grapeshot. So much of the gun debate runs in national outlets. I have wondered if this makes the debate seem distant and unimportant to the uninvolved gun owners. I hope bringing a local voice read by local people will enforce the notion that these rights are for all of us. And for all of us to defend.

Individually, the best we can be is a good ambassador/emissary, an educator.

Collectively, we are a very effective, powerful force. We are moving the ball forward and college carry is high on our list of priorities.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Tried to leave a comment, but it requires an active FaceSpace/MyBook account. I don't do social networking, as much as not doing so seems to limit my participation in many of life's activities.

Jut a nitpicking comment - Second Amendment Foundation like to abbreviate itself as "SAF" rather than 2AF.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Tried to leave a comment, but it requires an active FaceSpace/MyBook account........snip....
    No doesn't and I don't do FaceBook either.

Just typed in comment, clicked "submit" and it posted even before I had registered with the paper.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Commented

Just left a supporting comment on the site. Hope that it helps.

Good article! Solid reporting. How often will be writing for them? Will everything be 2nd amendment related?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Good article! Solid reporting. How often will be writing for them? Will everything be 2nd amendment related?
    Thanks for the kind words. I am going to try to at least get out one a week. The overall theme will be the rights of individuals and particularly the right to self defense. I have a rough draft talking about the Warren case: police have no duty to protect. I am not going to be HO-RA GO GET A GUN. I'm going to atempt to convince people that when the chips are down you are all alone; or worse, with your spouse and children. I believe one can't tell anybody anything. People are too stubborn. I will instead try to get people to think, "Wow, that could happen to me. What would I do?"

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I am going to try to at least get out one a week. The overall theme will be the rights of individuals and particularly the right to self defense. I have a rough draft talking about the Warren case: police have no duty to protect. I am not going to be HO-RA GO GET A GUN. I'm going to atempt to convince people that when the chips are down you are all alone; or worse, with your spouse and children. I believe one can't tell anybody anything. People are too stubborn. I will instead try to get people to think, "Wow, that could happen to me. What would I do?"
    Smart man!

And I may go try again to comment. I didn't have the same result as Grapeshot, but then I didn't try to post anyway after the sign-in screen came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
    Imagine that. Aristotle would be proud.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Good Stuff!

Great article and good points. I left you a positive comment at the site as well. Thanks.