• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local Media Lorton VA

Jason Rogers

Thanks a lot grapeshot. So much of the gun debate runs in national outlets. I have wondered if this makes the debate seem distant and unimportant to the uninvolved gun owners. I hope bringing a local voice read by local people will enforce the notion that these rights are for all of us. And for all of us to defend.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Individually, the best we can be is a good ambassador/emissary, an educator.

Collectively, we are a very effective, powerful force. We are moving the ball forward and college carry is high on our list of priorities.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Tried to leave a comment, but it requires an active FaceSpace/MyBook account. I don't do social networking, as much as not doing so seems to limit my participation in many of life's activities.

Jut a nitpicking comment - Second Amendment Foundation like to abbreviate itself as "SAF" rather than 2AF.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Tried to leave a comment, but it requires an active FaceSpace/MyBook account........snip....

No doesn't and I don't do FaceBook either.

Just typed in comment, clicked "submit" and it posted even before I had registered with the paper.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Good article! Solid reporting. How often will be writing for them? Will everything be 2nd amendment related?

Jason Rogers

Good article! Solid reporting. How often will be writing for them? Will everything be 2nd amendment related?

Thanks for the kind words. I am going to try to at least get out one a week. The overall theme will be the rights of individuals and particularly the right to self defense. I have a rough draft talking about the Warren case: police have no duty to protect. I am not going to be HO-RA GO GET A GUN. I'm going to atempt to convince people that when the chips are down you are all alone; or worse, with your spouse and children. I believe one can't tell anybody anything. People are too stubborn. I will instead try to get people to think, "Wow, that could happen to me. What would I do?"

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the kind words. I am going to try to at least get out one a week. The overall theme will be the rights of individuals and particularly the right to self defense. I have a rough draft talking about the Warren case: police have no duty to protect. I am not going to be HO-RA GO GET A GUN. I'm going to atempt to convince people that when the chips are down you are all alone; or worse, with your spouse and children. I believe one can't tell anybody anything. People are too stubborn. I will instead try to get people to think, "Wow, that could happen to me. What would I do?"

Smart man!

And I may go try again to comment. I didn't have the same result as Grapeshot, but then I didn't try to post anyway after the sign-in screen came up.

nuc65

Activist Member

Imagine that. Aristotle would be proud.