• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Picnic in the Wausau Area - Oct 9, 2011

phred

Open Carry Picnic in the Wausau Area.
Sunday Oct. 9, 2011
Noon until 4:00 PM
Marathon Trap and Sportsman's Club - about 5 miles West of Wausau on County Highway N

Food and Beverage will be provided. Donations accepted to offset the costs. I have invited Senator Galloway and she has accepted the invitation. Also, I have invited a couple of trainers/instructor so they will be available for a shooting demonstration, discussion of defensive shooting techniques and/or some one on one coaching. Still working on the details

The picnic is open to all Wisconsin Carry, Inc members and their family and friends as well as like-minded men and women in arms. Let's celebrate the gains we have made during the last year in promoting and securing our right to carry.

If you can help with grills, cooking, etc, please let me know. Also, this picnic will need to be RSVP, so if you are planning to be at the picnic let me know. I need to know how much food and beverage should be purchased.

Keep this date open. The picnic is on, rain or shine. MTSC has both nice indoor and outdoor facilities.

Peacekeeper

For all the times you've traveled to the Milwaukee/Madison area ... It's time I get to your part of the state!

Count me in - the fall colors should be wonderful!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
One heck of a drive for me............

but I'll see what I can do.

In fact, it seems that all the evens are one heck of a drive for me. Why is everyone in the far reaches of the state! LOL

Last edited:

phred

For all the times you've traveled to the Milwaukee/Madison area ... It's time I get to your part of the state!

Count me in - the fall colors should be wonderful!

Just don't expect me to get out my paintbrush and my cans of red, orange and yellow. Although, I suppose I could fly over the area with some spray cans. I'm glad you'd like to be here.

kemo

I would like to come. Are kids allowed? I have some new bowling pins if someone would like to shoot at them.

phred

I would like to come. Are kids allowed? I have some new bowling pins if someone would like to shoot at them.

This is a family event although there is no playground equipment. We have not decided on what will be shot yet. I have some instructors coming and they get to decide. The club has trap, skeet, and metallic silhouette accommodations be we will not be using those.

For those of us with GPS I found this address:

Marathon Trap and Sportsmans Club
1558 county road N
Marathon, Wi.​

Thank you PK, I seem to forget the new technology for finding one's way. I'm a map, compass, go-that-a-way kind of guy.