Thread: Employment Security Commission Office. State or City Buidling?

Employment Security Commission Office. State or City Buidling?

So I'm going to the Employment Office tomorrow for a meeting with the VA Rep, he's looking at trying to place me in a good security position. And I was wondering if the building would be considered state or city owned? I don't believe I seen any no weapons signs. I hate going anywhere without carrying, I feel naked without it. But I'd rather not walk in there with it if it's someplace I shouldn't be carrying into lol.

Was just at the one in Asheville the other day. Sign right in the middle of the front door "NO FIREARMS" with the circle and line through it.

ESC building in Washington is posted as well. I think they all are, and justify t because they are "State buildings"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

From the ECS building near me. This would lead me to believe that open carry is okay. But if it's a state building, wouldn't that automatically mean that any type of carry is banned? Hmmm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1314290488-picsay.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	6740

That's why the sign at mine says "NO FIREARMS", they don't care how you carry them. You will have to look up the statutes to see what they say.
    Last edited by Mark McGuire; 08-25-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: add words

Actually, that sign says No Concealed Weapons

Probably a difference in county. Even the sign at City Hall says "NO WEPONS OF ANY KIND" with the gun and knife in hashed circles. It is a state building, I think I would do my homework before I just walked in armed. Just saying.

I completely agree. Same reason I didn't walk in this morning armed lol. I just wasn't sure if it was considered a state or city owned building. And the sign does cause a little confusion on the open carry end. Glad I just took the safe route with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier22 View Post
    So I'm going to the Employment Office tomorrow for a meeting with the VA Rep, he's looking at trying to place me in a good security position. And I was wondering if the building would be considered state or city owned? I don't believe I seen any no weapons signs. I hate going anywhere without carrying, I feel naked without it. But I'd rather not walk in there with it if it's someplace I shouldn't be carrying into lol.
    ESC is state...i spent a year unemployed and know the places well but at the time I never paid attention to the signs. Hope you find a job soon...it was a very bad year for me when I was unemployed. I searched everyday and finally found something almost to the day I was laid off. It's a real bad feeling when Wal-Mart tells you that you are over qualified. I would have cleaned the restrooms at that point!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    It's a real bad feeling when Wal-Mart tells you that you are over qualified.
    It's a worse felling if Wal-Mart tells you you are under qualified.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Carry24/7 View Post
    It's a worse felling if Wal-Mart tells you you are under qualified.
    Lol. That'd feel horrible. Being told you're not even qualified enough to be a Wal-Mart greeter lol