• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chabot Censors Town Hall - Police Seize Cameras

PracticalTactical

Olympic Backpedaling

I called the congressman's office and asked them what the hell is up with the video. Basically, they explained that some constituents would go to town hall meetings and expound about their private lives in front of everybody and they didn't want people's private circumstances up on youtube.

They admit that their policy was a mistake, taking people's cameras, and say the congressman has been on an apology tour of sorts after what happened. Now the policy is that if a constituent has something they want to share that they don't want the public to know about, that the constituent should approach the staff in private and not talk about it in public at a public meeting.

Kind of a DUH moment if you ask me, but at least the guy realizes it was a mistake.

Honestly, I think this incident is indicative of a much bigger problem congress faces. My local congressman has several people on staff (yes, taxpayer funded staff) who do nothing but solve people's problems. Things like welfare applicants who got denied, people having problems with the city, etc. The problem isn't that people bring up things to their congressman, but that they're so uneducated to think their personal or local government problem is something they should expect their congressman to do something about!

HandyHamlet

I called the congressman's office and asked them what the hell is up with the video. Basically, they explained that some constituents would go to town hall meetings and expound about their private lives in front of everybody and they didn't want people's private circumstances up on youtube.

That is total bullsh*t.

News cameras continued to roll. And that lame excuse does not explain the confiscation of personal property by law "enforcement" or how Steve gets to piss on the Constitution.

Also there has not been one word of an "apology" by Steve or anyone on his staff anywhere. There is no "apology tour" other than at the next meeting on Monday THEY are now allowing cameras.

How civilized of them.

Last edited:

For Pete's Sake!

It gets Worse!!

It gets worse! The Obummer Administration Stazi working harder than ever. Lenin called liberals, "useful idiots". Looks like their chickens are finally coming home to roost! I hope they like living in all that chicken cr@p they created.

Guitar Frets: Environmental Enforcement Leaves Musicians in Fear:

"Federal agents swooped in on Gibson Guitar Wednesday, raiding factories and offices in Memphis and Nashville, seizing several pallets of wood, electronic files and guitars. The Feds are keeping mum, but in a statement yesterday Gibson's chairman and CEO, Henry Juszkiewicz, defended his company's manufacturing policies, accusing the Justice Department of bullying the company".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576530520471223268.html#articleTabs=article

jbone

My god, do we see the endless applications they can attach "security reasons" on.:eek:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Why did they let go of their cameras? What happened to the ninja death grip?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Another camera angle of tyranny in action

[video=youtube;lKA07KSoaSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKA07KSoaSc[/video]

okboomer

OK, let's see here ... the purported reason for the LEOs to seize the recording devices from the Citizens(subjects) and not stop the Media(henchmen) recording is 1) the other Consitituents might not want to discuss personal issues (in an open forum no less) and the private Citizens(subjects) recording would cause the Constituents to not speak freely? 2) The Congressman would not be able to control the video broadcast to the public unless the Media(henchmen) was the only recording?

Reminds me of this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DneGbKHyGuHU[/video]