• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happiest OC-er EVERRRRRR

OrangeIsTrouble

DSC01865.jpg

Puyallup River. Full of pinkies and some silvers and few kings.

First ever salmon for me.

And of course, there is OC in this picture, can you spot it?

OrangeIsTrouble

Poopie uncle mikes shoulder holster. Does the job though. I'll move my arm and get a better angle for you fellas next time, was way too excited about my first pink.

1245A Defender

Yausa!!!!

You look so nice, with that big happy grin on your face!
Im proud of your first salmon catch,
Hope that big rugged fish didnt wear you out trying to get him in the net.

The disparity of force does not seem to be credible, so im guessing you didnt draw down on him, to make him, "stop resisting"...

OrangeIsTrouble

You look so nice, with that big happy grin on your face!
Im proud of your first salmon catch,
Hope that big rugged fish didnt wear you out trying to get him in the net.

The disparity of force does not seem to be credible, so im guessing you didnt draw down on him, to make him, "stop resisting"...

1245A D, this aggressor did not show intent to do great personal injury to myself nor was the aggressor committing a felony.

I can't count on this luck lasting forever though, the salmon invasion has only begun.

Bucks Gun Shop

Congrats on the fish!!!

Odd years and pink runs make for an amazing fall...

If you don't like them cooked, get a Little Chief smoker and make some delicious smoked fish!!! Best way to have the humpies...

hermannr

Congrats, nice fish, still bright! That one will be good eating, you should try it. Smoked is great too, especially when the fish is that bright,

kenzmad

Was a great day to be on the water in Sekiu, too bad we had to throw this 20+ lb King back.....
PICT0323.jpg

I know it sucks to have to toss a fish like that back but, watch yourself out there. wardens are out in fishing boats with rods deployed and high powered binocs. per WDFW regs, you can't bring that fish aboard for a photo

Salmon - Barbless hooks only. Only singlepoint
hooks and a hand-held rod and line
may be used in Areas 1-13. Minimum size for
chinook in Areas 1-4 is 24", in Areas 5-13,
22", except no minimum size in the Hoodsport
Hatchery Zone. Minimum size for coho in Areas
1-4 is 16"; except in Area 2-1 after July 31 and
Area 2-2 after Sept. 15, the minimum size is 12"
for all salmon. Other Marine Areas and species
- no minimum size. Handling Rule: in Areas 5-13,
it is illegal to bring a wild SALMON or a species of
SALMON aboard a vessel if it is unlawful to retain
those SALMON. "Aboard a vessel" is defined as
inside the gunwale. Also see special Handling Rule
for Area 2-2 for Sept. 16-Nov. 30.

I would hate for you to get a ticket just for getting a photo of that beauty. They aren't giving out warnings anymore from what I hear.

kenzmad