• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arrested at HyVee...Need Attorney Suggestions.

Blk97F150

Home schooling is fine if one of the parents can afford to stay home. Even then you have to meet state requirements.

We look at it another way.... when it comes to our children, we can't afford to NOT raise and care for them in a manner that we believe to be the best for them. We will not put our children in a 'learning environment' that we feel is inadequate because of 'money'.

And yes, states have minimum education requirements that need to be met, but for most states it’s not all that difficult to meet them… and many homeschoolers consistently exceed them.

If this is getting too far off topic, feel free to PM instead....

Richieg150

Kevin Jamison =$2500 retainer. Apparently freedom costs more than a buck o' nine...

I was told by my CCW instructor, If you wanted Kevin Jamison to represent you, you would need to have a 50 gallon drum of 100 dollar bills.....for starters.I guess he is good at what he does, and you pay for it!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Kevin Jamison =$2500 retainer. Apparently freedom costs more than a buck o' nine...

You stated you caught two charges, as indicated, the firm would be 1500 each aka 3,000 to start so his pricing does not seem too high really. If it heads for trial, that is when the big bucks start getting billed. Trial time can be 400 an hour which is real tough real fast.

kcgunfan

I was told by my CCW instructor, If you wanted Kevin Jamison to represent you, you would need to have a 50 gallon drum of 100 dollar bills.....for starters.I guess he is good at what he does, and you pay for it!

IIRC, that's actually a quote from his book, where he explains what he wants if you want to be a "test case" in Missouri. But, he definitely charges for 2A work. I don't know if he's more reasonable with non-2A work. I would think go, given what he says about most of his clients. It doesn't seem like they'd be able to pony up those types of funds.

peterarthur

Home schooling is fine if one of the parents can afford to stay home. Even then you have to meet state requirements.

Hey, we have to eat beans and rice sometimes and drive older cars and live in a house that is old and too small. We can't "afford" to have mom at home. But it beats the alternative, letting the government sponsored Obama lovers "educate" them like the Nazi's did filling their heads with anti-freedom propaganda.

And state requirements are a joke in Missouri. Anyone can meet them. ANYONE :)
And they get a better education. A mom who loves her children cannot possibly do worse than public schools. My wife was not a very good student but our kids are the most literate children I know.

Please don't believe ALL the negative things you are told about cost and requirements. It is hard but aren't all good things? Wouldn't it be "easier" just to put down that gun and just get along with everyone else?

OR....

Go back to school and learn a trade that pays more like I did. I quit my $40K job, went to a tech school and now I make more than double on one income. I know that sounds like alot but I have 9 children :D That is ALOT of beans and rice and one big ass gas guzzling E-350 van!

Anyone who is smart enough to know you have a God given right to defend yourself is smart enough to improve your situation. Let me know if you need help figuring It out. I mentor people who change careers. Best choice I ever made. Turning wrenches on helicopters is hard, nasty, back breaking, low paying work. So I left it and went into IT. There are a dozen fields to go into and no college needed.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. This is the land of opportunity. Find yours or ask if you need help picking it out. I would love to help!!

Night all!!! I need that beauty rest badly...

REALteach4u

Ah, but here's an important key with any lawyer taking on such a case. Are they willing to file the suit for damages, false arrest, wrongful prosecution, and anything else they can "drum" up? (sorry, couldn't resist)

We have to remember the game that LEOs seem to like playing. They know if they seize your gun they own it until they are forced to release it to you. That is something that can require a court appearance and a judge's order, something that costs YOU money to get YOUR property returned. Even if they drop all charges, you're out the expense of getting your property back and then the expense of clearing your "public record". Any way they go about it, they still win.

I see something on the horizon with this specific issue and I'm NOT divulging those thoughts because I don't want to speak it into existence.

To the OP: Others have it the nail on the head. DO NOT keep us posted!