Thread: All these state of emergencys?

bgreene89

All these state of emergencys?

Hey,
    I have a CHP and I carry a glock 40 caliber legally everywhere I can. Im listening to the news now and hearing greenville issued a state of emergency and I believe the state has also. But is any of this hurricane prohibiting us from carrying?

Thanks,
    Blake

Here's the actual proclamation of the state of emergency. State-wide, there are no restrictions being placed on alcohol or carry.

http://www.governor.state.nc.us/News...f6e553f616.pdf

I'd try to find the local SOE's too. They may or may not go with the state one. Locals could still restrict carry if they wanted to be jerks. And it seems the eastern part of NC has it's share of anti jerks in office. You're GTG for the state wide SOE.

I doubt that this prohibition will be enforced, because local LEAs are being instructed by the Governor and the AG not to, so that they can "game' the SAF lawsuit, based on "lack of standing"....

If anyone were to be prosecuted under this provision, it would give SAF a MUCH stronger case, and an almost guaranteed win.

In other words, "Carry On". I carried in WalMart and Food Lion in Washington today and didn't even get a second look from anyone, and will continue to OC through this weekend...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Where exactly is this lawsuit? All I have heard is rumors about it. Any updates, progress? Where is the case at now timeline wise?

Here is some info, not sure on the current status of the lawsuit.

http://www.saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=329

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9110e View Post
    Where exactly is this lawsuit? All I have heard is rumors about it. Any updates, progress? Where is the case at now timeline wise?
    I'll try and get an update.

Thanks cricket, just seems like no news regarding anything from it in like a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9110e View Post
    It's in hurry up and wait mode.

Waiting on some judge to make a ruling.

i was at the Greensboro gun show and i was wondering if all those people were breaking the law.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I doubt that this prohibition will be enforced, because local LEAs are being instructed by the Governor and the AG not to, so that they can "game' the SAF lawsuit, based on "lack of standing"....

If anyone were to be prosecuted under this provision, it would give SAF a MUCH stronger case, and an almost guaranteed win.

In other words, "Carry On". I carried in WalMart and Food Lion in Washington today and didn't even get a second look from anyone, and will continue to OC through this weekend...

Ditto here. I have OC'd in New Bern, Greenville, Morehead City, Havelock. No problems. Stopped in Five Guys, Wal-Mart, LOWE's, Quizno's, and a couple of gas stations. All good.