• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All these state of emergencys?

B

bgreene89

Hey,
I have a CHP and I carry a glock 40 caliber legally everywhere I can. Im listening to the news now and hearing greenville issued a state of emergency and I believe the state has also. But is any of this hurricane prohibiting us from carrying?

Thanks,
Blake

chiefjason

I'd try to find the local SOE's too. They may or may not go with the state one. Locals could still restrict carry if they wanted to be jerks. And it seems the eastern part of NC has it's share of anti jerks in office. You're GTG for the state wide SOE.

Dreamer

I doubt that this prohibition will be enforced, because local LEAs are being instructed by the Governor and the AG not to, so that they can "game' the SAF lawsuit, based on "lack of standing"....

If anyone were to be prosecuted under this provision, it would give SAF a MUCH stronger case, and an almost guaranteed win.

In other words, "Carry On". I carried in WalMart and Food Lion in Washington today and didn't even get a second look from anyone, and will continue to OC through this weekend...

Bearfoot

I doubt that this prohibition will be enforced, because local LEAs are being instructed by the Governor and the AG not to, so that they can "game' the SAF lawsuit, based on "lack of standing"....

If anyone were to be prosecuted under this provision, it would give SAF a MUCH stronger case, and an almost guaranteed win.

In other words, "Carry On". I carried in WalMart and Food Lion in Washington today and didn't even get a second look from anyone, and will continue to OC through this weekend...

Ditto here. I have OC'd in New Bern, Greenville, Morehead City, Havelock. No problems. Stopped in Five Guys, Wal-Mart, LOWE's, Quizno's, and a couple of gas stations. All good.:banana: