Thread: Visiting Lancaster

Visiting Lancaster

Hey all,

September 7-9 I will taking my wife to the Lancaster area to get away for a few days. I plan on OCing the entire time I am there. Are there any quirky laws I need to be aware of? How well does OC go in the Lancaster area? I have a Virginia CHP. Thanks.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Bueller? Bueller? Anybody OC in PA?

Be aware of the federal 1000' Gun Free School Zone. Other than that... :shrug: Although I live next door in York County, I have never had an issue in Lancaster. I have heard tales of OC woe because of the Lancaster City PD, but I have never had a problem myself.

Out in the Lancaster County suburbs you really should be fine.

I have been OCing in the south central area of PA for over 2 1/2 years and have yet to have a negative encounter.

Incidently, traffic is light in this forum probably due to the heavy traffic at pafoa.org.

Enjoy your visit!
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Thanks, appreciate it!! Quick question: Does my Virginia CHP only exempt me from from the 1000' GFZ while in VA? Since PA honors VA's permit am I exempted there as well?
    Last edited by thebigsd; 08-28-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Thank you!!!!! That is what I thought but my google-fu was failing me. Thanks for the cite!

So returned from my trip yesterday. OCed all over the Lancaster, Bird in Hand, and Paradise areas. Lots of flooding. Excellent food. Everyone was extremely friendly and no one seemed to care about my sidearm. No problems and no signs anywhere. I even managed to make it through MD without stopping.

Nice to hear your visit was pleasant. This is basically what my OC experience is like here.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    ... Everyone was extremely friendly ...
    Luckily, you didn't cross paths with Curmudgeon...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    So returned from my trip yesterday. OCed all over the Lancaster, Bird in Hand, and Paradise areas. Lots of flooding. Excellent food. Everyone was extremely friendly and no one seemed to care about my sidearm. No problems and no signs anywhere. I even managed to make it through MD without stopping.

you picked a hell of a time to visit PA, with all the flood damage and whatnot. how badly was Lancaster affected? the local news hasn't really covered the rest of PA much, just the Northeastern corner. Luzerne County has been nearly destroyed, and other counties aren't doing much better. most of my friends had luck on their side, and avoided any damage.