• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any word on DOJ rules?

LaBomba

The Dept. of Justice said it would be creating a new administrative rule governing CCP training and other issues. Has anyone heard anything more at all about that? Wasn't some news due around 9/1, or am I imagining that?

BROKENSPROKET

Now that you said something IIRC, they said FAQ on 8/1/11, admin. rules and recip. list of states on 9/1/11 and applications on 11/1/11.

Like I said, IIRC.

civilwarguy

ok here is my dumb question of the day....I know it says they have to have the permit and application designed by 9/1 but what if they dont whats the penalty they face? what happenes?

LaBomba

Who would know anyway? They've already proclaimed they will not issue an application until Nov 1.

Good Question! I assumed legislators wanted to give people a chance to comment before the documents were actually used, in case there seemed to be a deviation from legislative intent. That was just my hope for democracy, though, and not rooted in anything concrete.

BROKENSPROKET

Who would know anyway? They've already proclaimed they will not issue an application until Nov 1.
Good Question! I assumed legislators wanted to give people a chance to comment before the documents were actually used, in case there seemed to be a deviation from legislative intent. That was just my hope for democracy, though, and not rooted in anything concrete.

I am sure they have it done, but they will need to change it if AB69 is signed by the Governor by October 28.

BROKENSPROKET

From that bill:

AN ACT to create 895.62 and 939.48 (1m) of the statutes; relating to: the
privilege of self−defense.

hmmmm....what's wrong with this picture.

You must be looking at an old version because this is what it says now.

AN ACT to create 895.62 and 939.48 (1m) of the statutes; relating to: self−defense.

BROKENSPROKET

I'm confused... what does a castle doctrine law have to do with the cc application/permit design?

When AB69 passes, it will change the information provided on self-defense. If AB69 in not passed in time for the changes to be on the first WI-CWL Applications, many will be misinformed.

175.60 (5) APPLICATION AND RENEWAL FORMS. (a) The department shall design an application form for use by individuals who apply for a license under this section and a renewal form for use by individuals applying for renewal of a license under sub. (15). The department shall complete the design of the application form no later than the first day of the 2nd month beginning after the effective date of this paragraph .... [LRB inserts date], and shall complete the design of the renewal form no later than the first day of the 36th month beginning after the effective date of this paragraph .... [LRB inserts date]. The forms shall require the applicant to provide only his or her name, address, date of birth, state identification card number, race, sex, height, and eye color and shall include all of the following:
1. A statement that the applicant is ineligible for a license if sub. (3) (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), or (g) applies to the applicant.
2. A statement explaining self−defense and defense of others under s. 939.48, with a place for the applicant to sign his or her name to indicate that he or she has read and understands the statement.
3. A statement, with a place for the applicant to sign his or her name, to indicate that the applicant has read and understands the requirements of this section.
4. A statement that an applicant may be prosecuted if he or she intentionally gives a false answer to any question
on the application or intentionally submits a falsified document with the application.
5. A statement of the penalties for intentionally giving a false answer to any question on the application or intentionally submitting a falsified document with the application.
6. A statement of the places under sub. (16) where a licensee is prohibited from carrying a weapon, as well as an explanation of the provisions under sub. (15m) and ss. 943.13 (1m) (c) and 948.605 (2) (b) 1r. that could limit the places where the licensee may carry a weapon, with a place for the applicant to sign his or her name to indicate that he or she has read and understands the statement.
(b) The department shall make the forms described in this subsection available on the Internet and, upon request, by mail.

When AB69 passes, it will change the information provided on self-defense. If AB69 in not passed in time for the changes to be on the first WI-CWL Applications, many will be misinformed.

Last edited: