• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ordered my new pistol today!

bluehighways

Today (well, Friday actually) before work I stopped into my favorite LGS and ordered my new pistol: Glock 36. That's the subcompact slimline 'single stack six' in .45acp

.45acp is my preferred round in a pistol and I decided that my G21 is just too damn big and heavy to use as a daily CC/OC carry piece. I gave some thought to the G30, with it's 10rd mag capacity, but the G36 has been calling out to me as the right choice for everyday, long term carry.

The criteria I used in choosing this model were that it had to be slim, small, COMFORTABLE TO WEAR, and in .45acp. The G36 should fill the bill nicely. My guy at the LGS said he's never actually sold one before. It seems to be an oddball even among Glocks, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love owning and carrying it.

Also, I ordered the G36 with the regular Glock sights. I have Trijicon night sights on my G21, but I find they aren't ideal for daylight range shooting. I have an easier and quicker time lining up regular Glock sights.

I'm going to be ordering Tritium gas 'Speedsights' for the G36, with green diamonds on the rear sight and an orange diamond on the front sight. At that point I'll transfer the stock Glock sights onto my G21, which is my daytime target shooter, and I'll be retiring the Trijicon night sights to my spare parts cache'. Hopefully my new pistol arrives before the end of next week. My guy said he gets them here pretty fast, so here's hoping!

Attachments

• g36_6043.jpg
    g36_6043.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
You Won't Be Disappointed With Your Glock 36

Today (well, Friday actually) before work I stopped into my favorite LGS and ordered my new pistol: Glock 36. That's the subcompact slimline 'single stack six' in .45acp

.45acp is my preferred round in a pistol and I decided that my G21 is just too damn big and heavy to use as a daily CC/OC carry piece. I gave some thought to the G30, with it's 10rd mag capacity, but the G36 has been calling out to me as the right choice for everyday, long term carry.

The criteria I used in choosing this model were that it had to be slim, small, COMFORTABLE TO WEAR, and in .45acp. The G36 should fill the bill nicely. My guy at the LGS said he's never actually sold one before. It seems to be an oddball even among Glocks, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love owning and carrying it.

Also, I ordered the G36 with the regular Glock sights. I have Trijicon night sights on my G21, but I find they aren't ideal for daylight range shooting. I have an easier and quicker time lining up regular Glock sights.

I'm going to be ordering Tritium gas 'Speedsights' for the G36, with green diamonds on the rear sight and an orange diamond on the front sight. At that point I'll transfer the stock Glock sights onto my G21, which is my daytime target shooter, and I'll be retiring the Trijicon night sights to my spare parts cache'. Hopefully my new pistol arrives before the end of next week. My guy said he gets them here pretty fast, so here's hoping!

I've been carrying mine for about nine years now. I carried it concealed for many years in Florida and then here openly. I bought mine because of it's slim features, light weight and I wanted .45 ACP firepower. With a Pierce Grip Extender you will get another round in the magazine for a total of 7+1 capability. For concealed carry you may want a nice leather holster such as the Bianchi #5 made specifically for the Glock 36. It is a fantastic concealed carry holster with a thumb break. I've used the Bianchi #5 for mine, it is a much more comfortable holster than a retention holster and it hugs the gun against you.

You are correct about it being the oddball Glock. I had to order mine when I bought it and getting aftermarket parts is not the easiest. Just last week I replaced the guide rod and spring assembly with a Wolff package and that took a while to find a distributor with the package in stock.

All in all I love the Glock 36. I'm wearing it now. Good luck with yours!

AaronS

I am not a big fan of Glock, but I do have to say that all of the compact, and subcompact Glocks I have held and shot do feel good in my hand. Your new gun should last a long time, just not a lot to break in a Glock...
Just work on that draw, I hate to read about all of the ND's...

rcav8r

I'd love to handle a G36 myself, being a .45 fan too. Don't see one in the local stores I can handle though.

Carcharodon

I got one earlirer this year, I think its great! I got a crossbreed holster as well, The pistol is so light and small you can almost forget its there. And, like you said, it's a .45.

Viper

Bluehighways,

I have a Glock 36 and it is very comfortable on my hip in my Blackhawk Serpa holster and also in my IWB High Noon holster.

It functions superbly at the range as well using stock sights.

Good choice :)

Trip20

Congrats on your purchase. Yes I am about to drink the Glock Koolaid myself...... I can resist no longer. Just have to decide on the model. I want .45acp but I'm tempted to get one in .40sw as I don't have any pistols in that caliber right now.

Last edited: