• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot! Get The Day Off NOW!!!

eastmeyers

Sitting here at the Westland Picnic, and "The Colective" has decieded to have an OCDO(MI)/MOC shoot out at The Pit! So let's all meet up their on Wednesday, 02 November 2011, between 10:00am to 3:00pm. This isn't anything official, just time for us to hang out, show off our "toys", and share a few rounds down range. We are having this on a week day so it will just be us, and in November so there is plenty of time to request off the time if needed, also pumpkins will be on clearance. Everyone coming up, down, or over, please bring enough trash bags to hall at least your own garbage. Hand sanitizer, bottled water, and snacks are also a good idea. Let's make this a good outing!

What: Shoot Out

Where: The Pit
3070 Roods Lake Road, Lapeer, MI

When: Wednesday, 02 November 2011 @ 10:00am to 3:00pm

This event is NON OFFICIAL, it claims no ties to neither OCDO, nor MOC INC, there names are mentioned only as to invite there forum members to this NON OFFICIAL event. This is also NOT a family event. It is NOT suggest to bring children to this event, although while perfectly legal for children to use firearms at a shooting range, there is expected to be many people attending this UNOFFICIAL event, where firearms will be un-holstered and fired on an active range. To limit the odds of an accident it is HIGHLY suggest that NO children attend this UNOFFICIAL event. Also ALL LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO ATTENDS THIS UNOFFICIAL EVENT. NO LIABILITY will fall unto OCDO, or MOC INC. in anyway, or any other poster in this or any other thread on the subject, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF! YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL FIREARM SAFETY RULES AT ALL TIMES!

1.) Always keep ALL firearms pointed in a safe direction.
2.) Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3.) Always keep the firearm unloaded until ready to use.
4.) Know your target and what is beyond.
5.) Know how to use the firearm your shooting safely.
6.) Check and make sure the ammo you are using is the correct ammo for the firearm you are loading/firing.
7.) Wear ear and eye protection when firing, and warn others before firing to do so.
8.) Never use drugs or alcohol while firing/handling firearms.
9.) ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call "cease fire", and confirm with everyone at the range, before entering the range to change targets/clean/or for any other reason. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check the range and make sure NOBODY is on the range, and call "live range", and confirm with everyone at the range before firing.

Please do not bother coming to this NON OFFICIAL event, if you do not agree with these safety rules. They are not just for others protection but your own. It is imperative, that everyone that comes agrees, so everyone that attends has a good time!

If for any reason something happens, medical related, for any reason it is important for everyone to know where the nearest hospital is, it is only 4.5 miles away, I have provided a map below, from The Pit to Lapeer Regional Medical Center. I HIGHLY doubt anything will happen, but it is always prudent to know these things in advanced, in case of a worse case scenario. Its the same reason we carry a firearm, we hope to never need it, but if we do we have it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=3070+Roods+Lake+Road,+Lapeer,+MI&daddr=1375+North+Main+Street,+Lapeer,+MI+48446-1376+(Lapeer+Regional+Medical+Center)&hl=en&sll=43.098673,-83.282123&sspn=1.068904,2.469177&geocode=FV73kQIdLkAJ-ykXg4SGxmckiDGp32OqDzrWvw%3BFfsXkQIdBaAI-yGTq4ifTZAS5ym52SBGsWYkiDF7w_b2gvGOuA&vpsrc=0&mra=pd&z=13

Last edited:

Waterborne

I'm in for this. This will be my first outing to meet some MI OCDO members. A quick question for some that have been to the pit before. Can we bring out pretty much anything we want to shoot at, provided we clean up after ourselves of course? I have some rather fun and interesting targets that I think some people will enjoy.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I'm in! :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2691+...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

Zoom satellite map out & look for the funny angled patch of dirt on the right side of the screen then zoom back in on that and you can get a good look at the "Pit".

The pit is located on the east side of Roods lake Road between Vernor Rd & Byres Rd. {Closer to Byres Rd., when coming from the south its past the race track}.

Attachments

• 2691 Roods Lake Rd Lapeer, MI 48446 - Google Maps.pdf
    85.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Onnie

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2691+...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

Zoom satellite map out & look for the funny angled patch of dirt on the right side of the screen then zoom back in on that and you can get a good look at the "Pit".

The pit is located on the east side of Roods lake Road between Vernor Rd & Byres Rd. {Closer to Byres Rd., when coming from the south its past the race track}.

Me too Jeffie, and you wont have to slap me around to attend this time!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
HOLY MONKEYS IN A BUCKET!! A weekday event...I might just have to drive over for this one.

Bronson

I'm thinking the same thing. I usually am able to get out to the other side of the state at least a few times during the summer; this summer I was involved in too many things to do that... and I just noticed last week that I have way too many personal business hours at work to let something this momentous go by. ;)

HKcarrier

Random thought: I wonder how lead contaminated the pit is... seems like it could be a fairly dangerous place to be... just sayin..

Bronson

What ranges are available at The Pit? Are we talking primarily pistols or are we bringing rifles too? I'm assuming there are no target stands so we'll need to bring our own?

Thanks,

Bronson

stainless1911

Banned
Bring your own target.

The pistol berm is about 35 feet from the line on the right, the rifle section to the lleft is about 175 feet from the line. The far left has a smaller area about 200 feet from the line.

Bring rifles too.

Automatics
50 cal rifles
mortars
cannons
bb guns,
black powder
whatever.

I keep hoping one of the A-10s will come by and dump a burst into the berm, 'ya never know...

eastmeyers

This event is NON OFFICIAL, it claims no ties to neither OCDO, nor MOC INC, there names are mentioned only as to invite there forum members to this NON OFFICIAL event. This is also NOT a family event. It is NOT suggest to bring children to this event, although while perfectly legal for children to use firearms at a shooting range, there is expected to be many people attending this UNOFFICIAL event, where firearms will be un-holstered and fired on an active range. To limit the odds of an accident it is HIGHLY suggest that NO children attend this UNOFFICIAL event. Also ALL LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO ATTENDS THIS UNOFFICIAL EVENT. NO LIABILITY will fall unto OCDO, or MOC INC. in anyway, or any other poster in this or any other thread on the subject, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF! YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL FIREARM SAFETY RULES AT ALL TIMES!
6.) Check and make sure the ammo you are using is the correct ammo for the firearm you are loading/firing.
7.) Wear ear and eye protection when firing, and warn others before firing to do so.
9.) ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call "cease fire", and confirm with everyone at the range, before entering the range to change targets/clean/or for any other reason. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check the range and make sure NOBODY is on the range, and call "live range", and confirm with everyone at the range before firing.

Please do not bother coming to this NON OFFICIAL event, if you do not agree with these safety rules. They are not just for others protection but your own. It is imperative, that everyone that comes agrees, so everyone that attends has a good time!

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
You have just done the unthinkable. I shoot there to AVOID such things.

This is a GREAT place for your kids, at least they are allowed to shoot there, besides, you can show them by action what gun owners are really like, as opposed to the BS the schools teach them.

Leave your guns unloaded around strangers with guns? Seriously?

After statements like quote ; I am so looking forward to attending this shoot out with you. , Im not even comfortable attending.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
You have just done the unthinkable. I shoot there to AVOID such things.

This is a GREAT place for your kids, at least they are allowed to shoot there, besides, you can show them by action what gun owners are really like, as opposed to the BS the schools teach them.

Leave your guns unloaded around strangers with guns? Seriously?

After statements like quote ; I am so looking forward to attending this shoot out with you. , Im not even comfortable attending.

Dude - are you sure you are getting enough fresh air when you are smelting that lead? :eek:

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
This event is NON OFFICIAL, it claims no ties to neither OCDO, nor MOC INC, there names are mentioned only as to invite there forum members to this NON OFFICIAL event. This is also NOT a family event. It is NOT suggest to bring children to this event, although while perfectly legal for children to use firearms at a shooting range, there is expected to be many people attending this UNOFFICIAL event, where firearms will be un-holstered and fired on an active range. To limit the odds of an accident it is HIGHLY suggest that NO children attend this UNOFFICIAL event. Also ALL LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO ATTENDS THIS UNOFFICIAL EVENT. NO LIABILITY will fall unto OCDO, or MOC INC. in anyway, or any other poster in this or any other thread on the subject, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF! YOU MUST FALLOW ALL FIREARM SAFETY RULES AT ALL TIMES!
9.) ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call "seize fire", and confirm with everyone at the range, before entering the range to change targets/clean/or for any other reason. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check the range and make sure NOBODY is on the range, and call "live range", and confirm with everyone at the range before firing.

if you "seize fire" you may get burned. i always recommend wearing gloves while handling fire.