• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot! Get The Day Off NOW!!!

eastmeyers

You have just done the unthinkable. I shoot there to AVOID such things.

This is a GREAT place for your kids, at least they are allowed to shoot there, besides, you can show them by action what gun owners are really like, as opposed to the BS the schools teach them.

Leave your guns unloaded around strangers with guns? Seriously?

After statements like quote ; I am so looking forward to attending this shoot out with you. , Im not even comfortable attending.

The Pit is normally a great place to take your kids shooting. 02 November 2011 from 10am to 3pm will not be one of those times, as there will be many people not only shooting but socializing. If this was purely a shooting or purely a socializing event, It may be a good time to bring the children, but its not. Because there may be times when no one is shooting and the range is "clear", and everyone is standing around talking, or instructing, or showing off there latest "toy", we don't want children to become bored or impatient and do the unthinkable. I understand the chances of this is very very low, and I understand that if you are an OCer that your children more than likely know firearm safety, and know NOT TO TOUCH, but children are slightly more likely to have an accident or become impatient than an adult.

If you want to take your child shooting, I have no problem what so ever with taking them to The Pit, put I respectfully ask that you do not do it on the date listed at the time listed. Please respect these wishes. Thank You!

stainless1911

Banned
The socializing is a great thing to get the kids involved with, show them what fun it can be, and like I said, how people really are. Let them see that the safety rules are universal, not just something mom and dad talk about. My girl was a little surprised to hear others talking about, and following the basic safety rules, and then she saw them on my permit for the hunting license.

As far as them handling the guns go, at least mine knows what she is doing.

eastmeyers

The socializing is a great thing to get the kids involved with, show them what fun it can be, and like I said, how people really are. Let them see that the safety rules are universal, not just something mom and dad talk about. My girl was a little surprised to hear others talking about, and following the basic safety rules, and then she saw them on my permit for the hunting license.

As far as them handling the guns go, at least mine knows what she is doing.
I apologize, if I my last post gave the impression if I was trying to debate an issue, I was not. I was simply making a request, and asking that everyone respect that request. That is all. Thank You!

To reiterate The "OCDO - MI The Pit Shoot!", is not meant to be a family event, it is meant to be an adult event. I apologize if this offends some. This is for safety and socializing reasons. Without children being on scene the adults will be more free to socialize amongst themselves, without worry of keeping a watchful eye on there children, while firearms are uncased.

Again please respect these wishes, THANK YOU!

Last edited:

1ADAM12

Wasnt coming anyhow.

Are you sure about that. Not what you said before Here:

The address is 3070 Roods Lake Road.

Tentatively, I'm in too.

You should read your previous postings to keep your stories straight.

It helps to maintain a certain amount of credibility when posting. You don't want people to get the wrong impression of you.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
What if somebody shows up that was unaware of the "unofficial" get together and they bring their child(ren), will they be asked to leave?

Bronson
On the off chance of that happening, I'm sure they will keep to themselves. If they are close enough for it to be a possible issue we can respectfully request that the adult keep their children away from our uncased firearms.

Bronson

On the off chance of that happening, I'm sure they will keep to themselves. If they are close enough for it to be a possible issue we can respectfully request that the adult keep their children away from our uncased firearms.

I'm wondering if all those people who ignored hamaneggs request to not post his case info will also ignore this no kids request?

I mean, it's public land and they can do whatever they want and nobody has any right to ask them to not do something they want to do. For those that are "not" organizing this "non" event you should expect these people to show up with all of their children because they've already demonstrated a pattern of not respecting requests.

Bronson

1ADAM12

I'm wondering if all those people who ignored hamaneggs request to not post his case info will also ignore this no kids request?

I mean, it's public land and they can do whatever they want and nobody has any right to ask them to not do something they want to do. For those that are "not" organizing this "non" event you should expect these people to show up with all of their children because they've already demonstrated a pattern of not respecting requests.

Bronson

When did this happen?

1ADAM12

Most recently, on another thread about a week ago.

Do you mean here?:

I am attaching the full PDF version of the "plaintiff's complaint and request for damages and demand for jury trial" at the request of hamaneggs.
he has relayed to me that steve dulan has received back all of the proof of service on all of the defendants.

it didn't take that much patience to wait an extra week...

It appears that the quoted post was made "at the request of hamaneggs".

Or was Bronson referring to someone else?

Last edited: