• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry in Pocatello Winco

gib338

Went to Winco last week didnt oc/cc and was talking too one of the employees I have known for years I asked what Winco's policy for firearms was she didnt know but one of the managers overheard us talking . Well today I went in to get dinner and was told that thay asked local LE and was told that "it was legal and thay couldnt even ask some one to leave for ocing /ccing. if this is the facts thay will get my $$$ every time. im new to this site. and looking for others in Poki that carry you know range time/lunch .

ecocks

A good reminder that cops aren't always accurate in their knowledge of the law.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO. Stick around and you will learn a lot!!! Since you are new to the site I just wanted to clarify that, regardless of what the police may have said, private property owners can ask you to leave at any time for any reason at their discretion. Failure to leave upon request could lead to a trespassing charge. Sorry if you already knew all of this.

gib338

Thanks for the welcome. yes the info given to me was taken with a grain of salt. i learned a long years ago to CYA. a few guys from work and i plane to do more oc in the area and will post the response if any. but most likely it will be after deer/elk season befor we do.

Traviscfc

Went to Winco last week didnt oc/cc and was talking too one of the employees I have known for years I asked what Winco's policy for firearms was she didnt know but one of the managers overheard us talking . Well today I went in to get dinner and was told that thay asked local LE and was told that "it was legal and thay couldnt even ask some one to leave for ocing /ccing. if this is the facts thay will get my $$$ every time. im new to this site. and looking for others in Poki that carry you know range time/lunch .

I am in Poky and open carry i wouldnt mind setting up a time to go to the range or lunch let me know.

carracer

Welcome! I believe there is a thread here somewhere that lists Winco as following state law. Like Home Depot, Lowes, Starbucks and Best Buy among lots of others.