Thread: Recomendations for CCP instructors in Fort Myers?

Recomendations for CCP instructors in Fort Myers?

I had a bad experience at home and also when called out to a job at 2:30am. Both in the same week.

I'm thinking I need to carry another tool in the truck. Any insight regarding local CCP instructors would be appreciated. I'd like to get a bit more than a "day class" for my tuition

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EatinSnook View Post
    I had a bad experience at home and also when called out to a job at 2:30am. Both in the same week.

I'm thinking I need to carry another tool in the truck. Any insight regarding local CCP instructors would be appreciated. I'd like to get a bit more than a "day class" for my tuition

Thanks
    Not from that area, but you know you don't need a permit to have a loaded pistol in your glovebox, right? You can also have a loaded long gun anywhere in your vehicle without a permit.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

I didn't know that. I read what statute I could find for Florida and understood it to mean that any weapon had to be cased and unloaded while being transported.

I called the local Sheriff's shop and they were empathetic but didn't feel they could point me at an instructor. They recommended I ask at a couple local ranges and gave me the names of two that they use. They were actually very helpful.

I'll start there, and thanks much for the response.

Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)