• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recomendations for CCP instructors in Fort Myers?

EatinSnook

I had a bad experience at home and also when called out to a job at 2:30am. Both in the same week.

I'm thinking I need to carry another tool in the truck. Any insight regarding local CCP instructors would be appreciated. I'd like to get a bit more than a "day class" for my tuition:)

Thanks

77zach

I had a bad experience at home and also when called out to a job at 2:30am. Both in the same week.

I'm thinking I need to carry another tool in the truck. Any insight regarding local CCP instructors would be appreciated. I'd like to get a bit more than a "day class" for my tuition:)

Thanks

Not from that area, but you know you don't need a permit to have a loaded pistol in your glovebox, right? You can also have a loaded long gun anywhere in your vehicle without a permit.

EatinSnook

I didn't know that. I read what statute I could find for Florida and understood it to mean that any weapon had to be cased and unloaded while being transported.

I called the local Sheriff's shop and they were empathetic but didn't feel they could point me at an instructor. They recommended I ask at a couple local ranges and gave me the names of two that they use. They were actually very helpful.

I'll start there, and thanks much for the response.