• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My interactions today

protias

While I was getting some work done today at Captain Install, an older gentleman had asked me if it was legal to carry. I told him yes as long as you avoid the five places. He wasn't sure carrying a firearm was a good idea. I told him on how the criminal isn't going to care about the law anyway and is going to carry regardless. He agreed with me and started to think about carrying as he had hip replacement earlier this year and there is no way he's going to be able to run away from an attacker. He asked if I was carrying a .380, to which I replied, nope, an XD45. It was a good encounter and he thanked me for the information. As I was leaving the store to my car, two older ladies who were smoking outside at the bar next door were hooten and hollering saying they were lifetime NRA members and thanked me for carrying.

James (owner of Captain Install) and his girlfriend Betsy are very pro-firearm, pro-American way of life. If you need anything installed on your car, or car modifications, please support them. They treat their customers right. I'm not sure if you tell them I sent you will get your a deal or not (probably not as they are pretty cheap), but it can't hurt!

Carry on my friends! :banana:

MKEgal

[sarcasm]
You've got to be making this up...
According to W"AV"E, everyone will run in terror as your evil firearm exerts its influence over you, forcing you to go mad & shoot at random innocent children.

Maybe your gun is defective?
Because it doesn't sound like any of that happened. Not even close.
[/sarcasm]

For my part, Sat. lunch was at a small burger joint in Berlin. As usual, most people didn't notice (even Grant, who should know better LOL), & the ones who did either went on about ordering & eating or just asked questions. ("Are we allowed to carry openly in WI?")

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

NOT in Madison my friend lol!! maybe someday when the liberals leave town haha !!

I have OC'd in Madsitan, East Towne area, Capital square and State St. mutliple times last year and noone said a negative word. There was no business that asked me to leave. Not a single officer of Madison Police or Capital police that did observe me would even ask me my name. I did talk to one Capital police officer, but my sidearm was never mentioned.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I have OC'd in Madsitan, East Towne area, Capital square and State St. mutliple times last year and noone said a negative word. There was no business that asked me to leave. Not a single officer of Madison Police or Capital police that did observe me would even ask me my name. I did talk to one Capital police officer, but my sidearm was never mentioned.

When you beat some one enough times even the hardest headed ones learn. When it costs them money they learn even faster.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I was walking the dog the other evening & a Pizza Delivery guy stopped his car suddenly next to me & said... It's nice to see people Open carrying ! Smiled & slowly drove off..... :)

XDFDE45

Good to hear protias
eusa_clap.gif
. I've been pretty lucky as of late in that I have people asking me lots of questions about carrying with the new CC law. Most are curious about where you can and can't carry and I explain a little about it but tell them to look up the laws on their own so they can really familiarize themselves on the new law. And like MKEgal said I have not had anyone run screaming in terror when they notice I am carrying. Must be the whole ATF thing :p.