Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Golden Saber vs. Cor Bon

  1. #1
    Regular Member Richieg150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    433

    Golden Saber vs. Cor Bon

    180gr. Golden Saber vs. 135gr. Cor Bon
    After reading and seeing all different opinions about bullet weight versus velocity for penetration, I decided to have some fun and do a penetration test for myself, that I had watched others do.....I tried to keep everything exactly the same in reguards to both rounds.....so the results would be fair. Based on my scientific methods, the result were.....IF and WHEN I am ever attacked by some 1 gallon water jugs, I know which round I will have in my weapon!!! I forgot to add that the brass jacket on the Golden Saber was actually stuck in the second water jug on the exit side.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/missouri...y?feature=mhee
    Last edited by Richieg150; 08-28-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Slightly right of center
    Posts
    166
    Link is broken. Ellipsis in URL.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558
    I have personal experience with Corbon in my 1911 that saved my life and needless to say they have more than earned my business for life.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

  4. #4
    Regular Member tcmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    368
    corbons are about the only thing that do not feed reliably in my glock 36
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

  5. #5
    Regular Member Richieg150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    433
    reposted the link, it should be working now...
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    The link is working. The fluid dynamics of water are much different than that of tissue. A good HP round where the round flattens but stays together will do just fine.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Richieg150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    433
    The "TEST" wasnt scientific at all, but was fun. After seeing others do the same thing on Youtube, I though why not.I also thought about water being different than flesh,but I was in short supply of flesh to shoot thru.I have shot many different rounds thru my SW99,and the only two times it jammed, were shooting the Cor Bon 135 JHP. The round looked kinda nose down in the clip,I pulled back on the slide and released and it fed right in.I did another clip,made sure all were fed correctly and seated to the back of the clip,fired away and number six jammed....pulled back the slide....fed right in and shot the rest of the clip.Im not saying it was the round,probably was operator error,but whatever the reason made me leary of the round.I had actually picked up the Golden Saber rounds the day before and was going to run a couple boxes thru to see how they fed.They fed great, no problems and actually felt to shoot better,not as much muzzle flip as the lighter round.Both are exceptional rounds, but after having two jamms, never having one before, I'm thinking what the **** is up with that.The Cor Bon round did flatten out probably twice the size,which would definately cause damage.Im thinking whatever round a person decides on,as long as it goes boom when the trigger is pulled and another round is fed into its place,there will be damage on the receiving end.....
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    If you ever have to defend yourself with a defensive gun use..the Jury will be shown by the Prosecutor what Ammo you were using...Personal defense or Home defense ammo would be the wise choice.

    Federal Premium makes...GUARD DOG HOME DEFENSE Ammo..in 9mm, 40s&w & 45acp I use the 45acp stuff in my Glock 21
    165 grain. this stuff will soon be the gold standard in Home/Personal defense ammo...

    http://www.americanrifleman.org/blog...-home-defense/
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    The "TEST" wasnt scientific at all, but was fun. After seeing others do the same thing on Youtube, I though why not.I also thought about water being different than flesh,but I was in short supply of flesh to shoot thru.I have shot many different rounds thru my SW99,and the only two times it jammed, were shooting the Cor Bon 135 JHP. The round looked kinda nose down in the clip,I pulled back on the slide and released and it fed right in.I did another clip,made sure all were fed correctly and seated to the back of the clip,fired away and number six jammed....pulled back the slide....fed right in and shot the rest of the clip.Im not saying it was the round,probably was operator error,but whatever the reason made me leary of the round.I had actually picked up the Golden Saber rounds the day before and was going to run a couple boxes thru to see how they fed.They fed great, no problems and actually felt to shoot better,not as much muzzle flip as the lighter round.Both are exceptional rounds, but after having two jamms, never having one before, I'm thinking what the **** is up with that.The Cor Bon round did flatten out probably twice the size,which would definately cause damage.Im thinking whatever round a person decides on,as long as it goes boom when the trigger is pulled and another round is fed into its place,there will be damage on the receiving end.....
    I am not a expert on this subject, but I do firmly believe that a normal (non drugged out person) will stop when shot with anything 9MM or larger with one to two rounds of just about anything, placed in center mass.
    Not saying a .22 mag wont do the job, though.
    The extra damage of a HP round over a FMJ round really comes down to expansion VS penetration.

    But with a 9MM penetration (or even over) should not really be a great concern.
    As long as you have a brand that feeds well, and always goes off you should be fine.
    9Mm is about the smallest thing I want a Hp in though because of the speed/weight.

    I personally carry hornady critical defense and I read up on it before I bought it. I know what it will and wont go through.
    I know it feeds well in my 9MM, but TBQH nothing has jammed in my ruger yet, from cheep steel cases to WWB.

    I chose 115 grain HP because it shoots exactly the same as my 115 FMJ I buy.

    inb4 9MM Vs .45acp.

  10. #10
    Regular Member okboomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    If you ever have to defend yourself with a defensive gun use..the Jury will be shown by the Prosecutor what Ammo you were using...Personal defense or Home defense ammo would be the wise choice.

    Federal Premium makes...GUARD DOG HOME DEFENSE Ammo..in 9mm, 40s&w & 45acp I use the 45acp stuff in my Glock 21
    165 grain. this stuff will soon be the gold standard in Home/Personal defense ammo...

    http://www.americanrifleman.org/blog...-home-defense/
    Or use what LEO uses in your area ... can't complain about what you use when they issue it to the LEO I use Speer GoldDot myself
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

    Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    I use these...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46-3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	6808
    As far as ammo goes, im one of those who thinks getting shot with anything would pretty much suck.
    Handgun, I have shot all kinds of ammo into all kinds of stuff. The only thing I would not suggest is carrying a 45acp with FMJ's for self defense. Not that a 45acp wont do the job, it will simply go all the way through stuff. Hollow point stay inside of what they hit. LOL
    Anything I choose for self defense is going to have store bought ammo in it. The reason is obvious.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    I use these...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46-3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	6808
    As far as ammo goes, im one of those who thinks getting shot with anything would pretty much suck.
    Handgun, I have shot all kinds of ammo into all kinds of stuff. The only thing I would not suggest is carrying a 45acp with FMJ's for self defense. Not that a 45acp wont do the job, it will simply go all the way through stuff. Hollow point stay inside of what they hit. LOL
    Anything I choose for self defense is going to have store bought ammo in it. The reason is obvious.
    talk about uber over penetration with those slugs
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  13. #13
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    If you ever have to defend yourself with a defensive gun use..the Jury will be shown by the Prosecutor what Ammo you were using...Personal defense or Home defense ammo would be the wise choice.

    Federal Premium makes...GUARD DOG HOME DEFENSE Ammo..in 9mm, 40s&w & 45acp I use the 45acp stuff in my Glock 21
    165 grain. this stuff will soon be the gold standard in Home/Personal defense ammo...

    http://www.americanrifleman.org/blog...-home-defense/
    Whether or not this is an issue is going to depend upon the state and/or county in which you live. In my state and county, it is not going to be an issue at all.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •