Thread: UOC in the West Covina Area

UOC in the West Covina Area

Can someone plan an event in the San Gabriel Valley Area? I'm interesting in attending an event in the general San Gabriel area as this would be my first UOC Attendance. I'm saving up to purchase a handgun and would just like to meet some UOC'ers and learn more about Unload Open Carry. Thanks, Steve

What's stopping you from planning the event?

Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    What's stopping you from planning the event?
    No handgun and fear of failure.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    I didn't know having a handgun was a requirement to coordinate a bunch of folks who have experience OCing to get together someplace for lunch. If fear of failure caused everyone to not take action then where would we be?

sys3...

almost positive there will be people in your area that would like to attend, but are like you, they do not know where to start. A good place to start is on Facebook.
    While I am not any where close, I have helped set up other groups from long distance.

As Harley has said, and I will outline it a little for you.

Look up South Bay Open Carry. They are closer to you then I am, and have many people willing to travel to surrounding areas.

Pick a weekend that is good for you, and a couple of their people. Meet with them, and go from there.

You DO NOT need a gun to be a strong advocate of 2A Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    I didn't know having a handgun was a requirement to coordinate a bunch of folks who have experience OCing to get together someplace for lunch. If fear of failure caused everyone to not take action then where would we be?
    Still singing "God Save the Queen."
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    That certainly is a factor. I'm not always good at planning. And usually when I do plan, its either not properly coordinated date, time, location. I wasn't sure where a good area in West Covina would be to meet that didnt have a school within 1,000Ft+. I tried looking for Starbucks out of the 1,000 foot range but schools were present (K-12). Not having a car is another factor <--- sucks I know. I don't mind taking a bus and seeing how I don't have a gun ATM I don't have to worry about passing by a GFZ or anything like that. I'll definitely look up South Bay Open Carry. I've seen some of their video's on youtube. I'm just not good at planning lol. I had a facebook but deleted it. Too much drama and Facebook consumed my life.

Also I'm not quite sure what all places allow open carry because I know some businesses aren't 10-8 (In Service) in that department with Open Carry.