• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC in the West Covina Area

Syst3m Ov3rrid3

Can someone plan an event in the San Gabriel Valley Area? I'm interesting in attending an event in the general San Gabriel area as this would be my first UOC Attendance. I'm saving up to purchase a handgun and would just like to meet some UOC'ers and learn more about Unload Open Carry. Thanks, Steve

Iopencarry

sys3...

almost positive there will be people in your area that would like to attend, but are like you, they do not know where to start. A good place to start is on Facebook.
While I am not any where close, I have helped set up other groups from long distance.

As Harley has said, and I will outline it a little for you.

Look up South Bay Open Carry. They are closer to you then I am, and have many people willing to travel to surrounding areas.

Pick a weekend that is good for you, and a couple of their people. Meet with them, and go from there.

You DO NOT need a gun to be a strong advocate of 2A Rights.

Gunslinger

I didn't know having a handgun was a requirement to coordinate a bunch of folks who have experience OCing to get together someplace for lunch. If fear of failure caused everyone to not take action then where would we be?

Still singing "God Save the Queen."

Syst3m Ov3rrid3

No handgun and fear of failure.

That certainly is a factor. I'm not always good at planning. And usually when I do plan, its either not properly coordinated date, time, location. I wasn't sure where a good area in West Covina would be to meet that didnt have a school within 1,000Ft+. I tried looking for Starbucks out of the 1,000 foot range but schools were present (K-12). Not having a car is another factor <--- sucks I know. I don't mind taking a bus and seeing how I don't have a gun ATM I don't have to worry about passing by a GFZ or anything like that. I'll definitely look up South Bay Open Carry. I've seen some of their video's on youtube. I'm just not good at planning lol. I had a facebook but deleted it. Too much drama and Facebook consumed my life. :)

Also I'm not quite sure what all places allow open carry because I know some businesses aren't 10-8 (In Service) in that department with Open Carry.