• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wendys Mauston

Mlutz

I would demand her immediate termination & a letter of apology for Corporate.

anyways letter written.

I don't really care to see her lose a job over this... If it happens I wouldn't lose any sleep, but still. Thank you for writing a letter. I appreciate it.

rcav8r

did you get this managers name? I really wish people would give names when they post these kinds of messages. Most stores have multiple managers or assistant manager, in addition to the "big cheese" store manager.

Mlutz

did you get this managers name? I really wish people would give names when they post these kinds of messages. Most stores have multiple managers or assistant manager, in addition to the "big cheese" store manager.

I'm going to dive the main manager a call this afternoon, ill be sure to get the female managers name. (I'm pretty sure I got it, just not 100%.)

Outdoorsman1

I Open Carry ONLY for protection, Not to go out of my way to make a point....

Some of the comments in this thread kinda give me a reason to pause and re-think my reasons for being here.... I guess the positive source of good information out weigh comments that I do not agree with.....

GlockRDH
I may have to OC there the next time im in Mauston... I may in fact make a special trip up there JUST FOR THAT!

BROKENSPROKET
Originally Posted by GlockRDH
I may have to OC there the next time im in Mauston... I may in fact make a special trip up there JUST FOR THAT!

I have done that several times already, other times, other places.

Read the title of this post......

Nuff said.

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Some of the comments in this thread kinda give me a reason to pause and re-think my reasons for being here.... I guess the positive source of good information out weigh comments that I do not agree with.....

Nuff said.

Outdoorsman1

Why you carry is totally your perogative and everyone should respect that.

Why I carry is totally my perogative and I hope you would respect that.

I live in a rural county, but I often visit the county I grew up in. Not much crime going on, but there is always a chance.

Article I, Section 25 fo the Wisconsin Constitution states, The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation and any other lawful purpose.

To exercise a Consitutional Right and educate others about it is a lawful purpose. A right not exercised is a right lost. I hope you would respect that.

Having said that, to carry a firearm is a very solemn responsibility and you have to be prepared to use it. Prepared does simply mean that ability pull the trigger, criminals have that. Prepared means to have the mental and physical ability to protect innocent life, not endanger it. Regular training and practice helps prepare for that moment that we all hope never comes.

GlockRDH

Nuff said.

Outdoorsman1

Funny...i do carry for my own protection and security...exclusively. As for my reasons for going there...its to get a burger...preferably a cheese burger...and fries...with a frosty...and if someone gets upset because Im OCing...well, that just may be her issue...

paul@paul-fisher.com

I can only speak for myself, however, I will go out of my way to carry someplace that has been advertised as anti, not necessarily to confront people but to show solidarity. It was nice, for example, when around 20 open carriers showed up at the Madison Culvers one week after the incident. In that case, the issue wasn't the restaurant. I wouldn't, however, go past a sign saying 'no firearms'.

protias

I can only speak for myself, however, I will go out of my way to carry someplace that has been advertised as anti, not necessarily to confront people but to show solidarity. It was nice, for example, when around 20 open carriers showed up at the Madison Culvers one week after the incident. In that case, the issue wasn't the restaurant. I wouldn't, however, go past a sign saying 'no firearms'.

And 50 at Starbucks, State Patrol, and China Wok. :banana:

MKEgal

Everyone's reason for carrying is slightly different from the next person's.
Me, it's about 94% self-defense, & about 3% each "public education" and "because it's my right".

I think those 3 reasons cover every personal reason I've ever come across,
and everyone will have varying amounts of them (or maybe word them differently).

(I suppose "defense of others" could be a 4th category, but since in WI law & the laws of many other states that's legally equivalent to self-defense, I didn't separate it. If it were a separate category, my % might change to 93%, 3%, 3%, & 1%.)

The various protests / shows of solidarity I've been involved in would come under public education,
but then so does me shopping for groceries or going to the bank while armed.

civilwarguy

Everyone's reason for carrying is slightly different from the next person's.
Me, it's about 94% self-defense, & about 3% each "public education" and "because it's my right".

I think those 3 reasons cover every personal reason I've ever come across,
and everyone will have varying amounts of them (or maybe word them differently).

(I suppose "defense of others" could be a 4th category, but since in WI law & the laws of many other states that's legally equivalent to self-defense, I didn't separate it. If it were a separate category, my % might change to 93%, 3%, 3%, & 1%.)

The various protests / shows of solidarity I've been involved in would come under public education,
but then so does me shopping for groceries or going to the bank while armed.

I would have to agree with MKEgal here as well as Outdoorsman if that makes any sense..... Let me see if i can clarify

I carry for defense of myself and my loved ones. I do not go out of my way to carry somewhere just because someone had a problem there. That being said IF someone makes a comment while i am carrying i will try to educate them on the laws and answer any questions they may have. Also along with this IF i were to find myself at a location where there had been trouble carrying before by another member i would still carry unless a sign prevented such.

Let me also at this time say i think the criticism of one another on where, when and why we carry is quite disturbing as i would expect fellow OCers of all people to understand its a personal choice and we all make it for our own reasons. I respect everyone's reasons for carrying even if i may not agree and i would expect them to do the same.

BROKENSPROKET

We did walk up and down State St. before we all went to eat.

Mlutz

Anyone get anything back from corporate yet? I still haven't been able to contact the manager.

MKEgal

I got an email from the store manager yesterday at 6pm:
This is Milton Smith the Manager at the Pilot Wendy's in Mauston. I sincerely apologize for the way the you were treated. You were clearly lawful armed. This is something our young staff is not use to handling. They should have asked instead of reacting. We have educated them about gun laws in Wisconsin. This should never happen again. Thank you for letting us know about the situation in helping us improve.

We would like to make it up to you. If you would bring a copy of this email, we like to give you...
Sounds like it was an employee acting on her own, & she's been corrected.

When I contacted them, I thought I was pretty clear that what I was complaining about happened to a friend, not to me, so I don't plan to take advantage of the offer he makes.

But if the OP will PM me, I'll forward the email to him.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Hey... maybe "they" should make it up to all of us.... post a copy of the e-mail for any and all to print and take to a Wendy's.....;)

Ok... Just Kidding....

Outdoorsman1