• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wendys Mauston

Mlutz

I went to Wendys in Mauston friday night, as I have done MANY times before. Of course, I was oc'ing. I ordered my food and was waiting for it when a female manager walked up to the register and said, "Could you do me a favor and go put that in your car?" I was pretty shocked to be asked to do this, I've been in there more times than I can count, and have never had any problems. I then asked if it was a store or corperate policy, she said it was her "personal policy". I figured I wouldnt get all to far with her, so I asked for the contact information for manager above her. She said she would get it for me. She gave me the number. I then asked for a refund, and went to another fast food resturant. Planning on calling the manager either tomorrow or Monday.

Packfanatic

Personal

Hmm it is her "Personal Agenda" well she must be imported from Madison lol !

As you know get confirmation from corporate and then go back in and if she is too dumb to read the policy hand her a printed out copy of the response. I guess this means we need to carry a folder with policies and responses from Corporate level and show them as needed :monkey

protias

Personal policy? I guess she doesn't want <insert type of person here> in HER store.

MKEgal

1) Her personal policy doesn't amount to a hill of beans if she's going against what her employer tells her to do.
2) It's my personal policy to be able to protect myself.
3) Good job on getting manager info & a refund. Let us know about the follow-up w/ the manager or higher-ups.

This is the only listing I found for a Wendy's in Mauston:
Store #7785
1101 State Road 82
Mauston, WI
(608) 847-5378

If you look it up on Google maps, there's an option to provide a review... :whisting innocently:

Here's the HQ in Ohio... In high school I worked at the Wendy's right across the street:
Wendy's Consumer Relations - United States
Wendy's International, Inc.
One Dave Thomas Blvd.
Dublin, OH
Phone: (614) 764-3100, ext. 2032

And their online 'contact us' start page:
http://storefind.talktowendys.com/Default.aspx?s=2&l=en
I used 'manager friendliness' as the category.

Part of my note (adapt as needed, so it's not an obvious copy):
Please let me know if this is also Wendy's corporate policy - turning away good customers simply because they're exercising their civil rights in a non-violent way. If so, I will make sure to tell my friends across the country who are lawfully armed for their own protection that their money isn't welcome at Wendy's. We wouldn't want to have any other manager put in the uncomfortable position of having to tell a customer to leave.

Packfanatic

Email response submitted

Thank You MKEGal. I submitted an email to corporate as well and asked to received a response from them.
good info!!

Mlutz

"In high school I worked at the Wendy's " Me too MKE, at the very Wendys I was asked to "leave it in the car".
Also, thanks for the e-mails. :)

Mlutz

I can guess the female manageress has a policy. i did email corporate outling the law and future law and asked fo a response. there is always mcraps and burp king and culvers. :)

Carry Open Carry On!

We have 66.66% of the above resturants in town. :-D

jpm84092

A Culvers In SLC - What a Concept.

This might be off-topic, but yesterday I discovered that Salt Lake has a brand new Culver's (previously the only one west of the Mississippi was in Iowa). Finally, my craving for a Butter Burger With Bacon was satisfied. And, I delighted in an order of Wisconsin Cheese Curds. The weekend was a total success. 1) I got the last German Military Walther P-38 at Cabela's - 2) The Packers beat Indianapolis - 3) Wisconsin Cheese Curds in my tummy - YUM. I was so happy I tucked in my shirt and Open Carried. Nobody said a word and if they noticed, I didn't see a reaction.

Kc.38

I was just talking to a owner of two Culvers in my area and he told me that they just got a letter from the main office and it said to comply with all state laws. Both he and his wife will be carrying at work as he said that they make some rather large deposits at night.

LaBomba

This might be off-topic, but yesterday I discovered that Salt Lake has a brand new Culver's (previously the only one west of the Mississippi was in Iowa). Finally, my craving for a Butter Burger With Bacon was satisfied. And, I delighted in an order of Wisconsin Cheese Curds. The weekend was a total success. 1) I got the last German Military Walther P-38 at Cabela's - 2) The Packers beat Indianapolis - 3) Wisconsin Cheese Curds in my tummy - YUM. I was so happy I tucked in my shirt and Open Carried. Nobody said a word and if they noticed, I didn't see a reaction.

Tucking in a shirt after a Butter Burger and Curds? Now THAT is an accomplishment!

GlockRDH

Didnt know about the ones in Iowa..but for the past 6-8yrs, Ive been aware of one in Austin TX...