• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry while hunting on family owned land without permit?

ArcticF7SnoPro

Lets say I do not have a CC permit and I am hunting on my families land this gun deer season. I have permission to hunt on this land, and once the law goes into effect I can conceal carry on land I own, lease or am the legal occupant. My Uncle owns the land and gives me permission to conceal carry. Can I legally conceal carry on his land, or because he gives me permission to use his land even though there is no exchange of money or signed agreement I temporarily become a lessee or occupant of this land and am legal to CC?

littlewolf

Lets say I do not have a CC permit and I am hunting on my families land this gun deer season. I have permission to hunt on this land, and once the law goes into effect I can conceal carry on land I own, lease or am the legal occupant. My Uncle owns the land and gives me permission to conceal carry. Can I legally conceal carry on his land, or because he gives me permission to use his land even though there is no exchange of money or signed agreement I temporarily become a lessee or occupant of this land and am legal to CC?

You don't need permission to CC, you just need permission to occupy.

BROKENSPROKET

With permission to use, you are not a lesssee or occupant.

Whether you can CC there without a permit is a hard question. I would have to say no. You have to either own, rent, lease, or live on the property.

But who would know anyway. I don't think that Wardens are going to start patting us down just to find out.

Mlutz

So... "rent" the land for $1, get a rental agreement and call it good?

Motofixxer

I also like the lease agreement, nobody said your uncle couldn't give you back the dollar either. Or it had to be some fancy complicated lease. I Uncle lease my land for hunting to Nephew for $1.00. Signed...Done

But let's say you were hunting on the private land and a warden approached. You tell him to leave, IT IS private land, and you likely didn't invite him. After that point he is trespassing and any evidence after that is not allowed. How would he know if your concealing? If you don't answer his questions and he is told to leave...

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Mlutz, Captian Nemo and Motofixxer, That would work, but now you have a situation where you are the only one that can CC with a permit on that land. None of your freinds or relatives in your hunting party, unless all of your names are on the rental agreement.

Motofixxer

No...but documents can be sent to court or to other parties...bodies are a lil more difficult, or so I've heard. Also documents are pretty hard to dispute. There also wouldn't necessarily need to be any dates on the lease either. Wouldn't want to restrict yourself to one year or month or season. :lol: