• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rick Perry for President?

georg jetson

I finally remembered to take a look at the Texas forum to find out how the Texans feel about their governor... particularly as a candidate for president. Hmmm, from reading the Texas posts here I'd say it's so so.

One thing that gets me though. Some here say that he is a 2A advocate. Well, he has been governor for 11 years give or take. What has he DONE that would indicate that he's pro 2A? Using his participation in the CC or NFA licensing process says NOTHING of RIGHTS. It screams to me that he's pro CONTROL.

Anyone give an example of something he's actually DONE to indicate that he's pro 2A.

Last edited:

lagmonkey

Voting for a candidate for governmental representation is an official declaration that you deem the person you're voting for accurately and effectively to represent you. In other words, when you vote for a candidate, you are unambiguously stating, "This person stands in my stead." Regard you yourself so little that you'll vote for someone who does not represent you?

The two predominant political parties in this country are thrilled that you've fallen into the "lesser of two evils" trap. It has allowed them to field candidates that serve the party and themselves first, and often exclusively. They don't have to field candidates who truly represent anyone. They just have to make their candidate look a little less bad than the candidate of the other party to a plurality. When you vote for Rick Perry instead of Barack Obama, you are serving the parties, and they are glad of it. If neither truly represents you, vote for neither. Either write in the name of someone who truly represents you, or don't vote in that election. Have respect for yourself and your views. Don't be a minion.

Well said.

Ron Paul is getting my vote this time around ... even if I have to write his name in.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Anyone else care to take a try at captioning these?

"You don't like TSA groping? Well, I'm gonna grope you old man. I'll teach ya."
perryassault.JPG

"Now, listen here old man, those 12 year old girls needed to be forced via executive order to get a vaccine against the HPV STD. Plus the parents could opt out and who needs an entire legislature anyway. And, you know what else, I thought Hillary was hot back then when I sent her that letter supporting "Hillarycare" and I was just trying to get some. How was I to know she'd get this ugly."

realperryassault2.JPG

"What's wrong with me taking all your talking points about the Federal Reserve and calling Bernanke 'treasonous' even though I advocated for TARP? And I'm glad the moderators didn't ask the only physician on stage about healthcare."

rpassault4.JPG

"Why, I oughta....I oughta"
Huntsman: "OK cool it Perry, it's ok. Chill. No reason to hit Ron. Do I have to put up a border fence between you two? Perry, you get the Mexican side."

I can't wait to find out what was actually said.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

I believe Newt Gingrich is the most qualified Republican candidate.

Unfortunately , he will not be the candidate.

Rick Perry , or Mitt Romney will get the nomination.

Either is preferable to the current occupant of the Oval Office.

Rudy Giulliani would be my choice for V.P. He'd make a good President.

P.S.- I still don't believe Obama will be the Democratic candidate on the 2012 ballot.

WHO else ? I have no idea. Biden? Hillary ? Who knows.

Last edited:

MR Redenck

They all such but at least Ron Paul understands the Constitution. One of the things I dislike about Ron Paul is he doesnt like blowing other countries all to hell.
Cant have it all I guess. :p

bushwacker

if you vote ron paul ( a man that is for freeing up our guns , getting rid of that vicious bill collector called the I.R.S (ignorance related slaver or as my sister calls it the infernal revenue service) secure up our borders,get this country back to the constitution(which is where your gun and all other rights are).then we also send a message to washington that we dont go for the party fallowing canidates anymore . but if you vote for someone else then that is less votes for all that which ron paul stands for. you mite as keep oba-mao in office. bet you wont catch ron paul bowing down to leaders of china japan s.arabia and who knows who is next.i would have rather seen ron paul give that marine the medal of honor than barrack (slap the face ) oba-mao. come on texas lets get all on the same page here and make a real push here to make a real difference and vote for paul DON'T DIVIDE AND BE CONQUERED ANYMORE

MilProGuy

From what I understand Perry is a Class 3 FFL and owns NFA Weapons. I think he'd be the best advocate for gun rights we could hope for.

I'm impressed by those credentials too.

But, the thing that troubles me about Perry is his laxness in the area of illegal immigration and border security.

Michelle Bachmann hits the nail on the head as far as that particular item goes, IMHO.

bushwacker

that was too funny , thanks for the humor ...lmao
"You don't like TSA groping? Well, I'm gonna grope you old man. I'll teach ya."
perryassault.JPG

"Now, listen here old man, those 12 year old girls needed to be forced via executive order to get a vaccine against the HPV STD. Plus the parents could opt out and who needs an entire legislature anyway. And, you know what else, I thought Hillary was hot back then when I sent her that letter supporting "Hillarycare" and I was just trying to get some. How was I to know she'd get this ugly."

realperryassault2.JPG

"What's wrong with me taking all your talking points about the Federal Reserve and calling Bernanke 'treasonous' even though I advocated for TARP? And I'm glad the moderators didn't ask the only physician on stage about healthcare."

rpassault4.JPG

"Why, I oughta....I oughta"
Huntsman: "OK cool it Perry, it's ok. Chill. No reason to hit Ron. Do I have to put up a border fence between you two? Perry, you get the Mexican side."

I can't wait to find out what was actually said.

DrakeZ07

To borrow from a spoof about sarah palin, but directed towards the Texas Gov.; Governor of Texas? That's like Principle of a home school. There, I said it.

Romney, Perry, Santorum, Newt... Is this REALLY the best the GOP can come up with? Christ, it's like choosing between both Dumb and Dumber, and Tweedle Dee, and Tweedle Dumb.

I'd vote for Biden; He's nut, I like him on that basis alone, and if elected President, would make for someone to make fun of, since ya know, I missed making fun of Idiot Jr (Dubya).

Face it, Paul isn't going to get the nomination, He's too true to his words and too ideal of a candidate for the media, and idiot America to choose. Gods forbid we have someone with some common sense and respect to them.