• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indroduction

Wobbles

Hey all. I didn't see any "new members forum", so I figured I would formally introduce myself here being a Wa state resident.
I was born and raised in the Tacoma area. Enlisted in the Army 3 years ago and have since been stationed in Germany. I will be moving to Ft Lewis at the end on September and am very much looking forward to being home.
I've been creeping around the boards for the passed couple days and I really like what I see. I was really surprised to see how many people open carry in Washington. I've always know Wa is an open carry state, but never seem to run into anyone doing so. I noticed a few threads on starbucks meet-ups and other types of gatherings. Hopefully I can take part and get to know some of you in the community.
While home on leave in July, I finally purchased my first pistol(Kimber Pro Carry ii) and applied for my CPL (which arrived in the mail 2 days after returning to Germany :banghead:)
Not sure what else to write, but I expect to enjoy this forum that those in it.

Regards,
Joe

Wobbles

Ah Fife, former Fife High Trojan, myself. Nice little place. How does the PD respond to OC there?

Schlepnier

welcome, another washington native here. been all over the country and a few foreign countries but i always like it here best.

Glad to see you on the forums, it took me nearly a year to get off my butt and actually stop lurking. unfortunately i miss most the meetups because i work a late scheldule so getting out of bed before say noon is not my thing.

Cheers and enjoy your stay.

DevinWKuska

Welcome back to Ft. Lewis... If you get comcast when you get back I might get to meet you lol. Hope to see you around. Oh btw... We like pics so photoshop that Kimber and show us your toy.

Justman1020

Well, I don't know that I have been around ocdo long enough that I can welcome pthers here, but I am stationed at jblm so I can say see u soon on that front. ;) I will say that certain brigades are leaving for a certain country by the end of the year and that there is a high possibility of you being sent to that brigade...but OPsEC and all that preventes me from saying more. What's your mos?

Wobbles

I'm a 12B, Combat Engineer, for those that aren't familiar. I won't be going anywhere very soon, I just got back from a 12 month tour in June, so I have some dwell time to eat up. :banana:

Here's a couple pictures I have
(Range shot was taken at The Marksman in Puyallup off hwy 512)

IMG_0044-1.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

rlacsamana1989

My buddy is a combat engineer also from WA, he was stationed at Ft. Lewis also but just deployed to Afghan in june.

So you were coming back and he was just leaving. He isn't quite 21 but he will be once he gets back and he plans on buying a pistol and OC like me :)

Justman1020

if you don't mind me asking, when is your dwell time up? I know they are stacking one brigade in particular very heavily right now, but i also know that my brigade is not on a patch chart, (It's not my brigade they are stacking...the brigade i am referring to already has orders.)
Have they told you what brigade you are going to? If so, it should not break opsec for you to divulge that info...then i could inform you of what i know. ;)

Wobbles

I apologize, but I do not wish to discuss specifics on a public forum. You should know the appropriate way that we can communicate about those things. You can PM your proper contact information if you wish to discuss it further.

amzbrady

I'm a 12B, Combat Engineer, for those that aren't familiar. I won't be going anywhere very soon, I just got back from a 12 month tour in June, so I have some dwell time to eat up. :banana:

Here's a couple pictures I have
(Range shot was taken at The Marksman in Puyallup off hwy 512)

Ask the Asian guy what he thinks about Open Carry.... :banghead:
(if he still works there)

Last edited:

Wobbles

Ask the Asian guy what he thinks about Open Carry.... :banghead:
(if he still works there)

I only saw one Asian guy working there when I came home last. Can't remember his name. I still have to scope out all the shops around Tacoma. The Marksman was the only shop that had the Kimber I wanted. So they got my business for availability. Anything I should know about the Marksman?