• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indroduction

amzbrady

I only saw one Asian guy working there when I came home last. Can't remember his name. I still have to scope out all the shops around Tacoma. The Marksman was the only shop that had the Kimber I wanted. So they got my business for availability. Anything I should know about the Marksman?

I used to go there, but got tired of their condescending attitudes. I had called around a few gunshops looking for an economical small frame firearm, I found the PT111 to fit the bill for what I was looking for. I bought my Taurus PT111 Millineum Pro there they were the cheapest. I called them when I lived in Ocean Shores looking for the second generation, which was SA/DA and ambi safety. I gave them the model number from Taurus's website and they said they had one left, so I gave them a credit card number over the phone. They guy must have just looked on the shelf for the name, not model number. I went in to pick it up, and it was not the pistol I saw on the taurus website. Because I had already purchased it, they would only take it back as a used gun and sell it on consignment for me.
When I got home I relooked up the firearm and the model numbers were different. That is what I consider pretty crappy service. :cuss:
On the subject of open carry, the Asian guy told me that it is not legal in the state of Washington. :shocker: What, he works were and deals with what?

Wobbles

The least they could have done was offer to order the model you inquired about, and used the original purchase as credit toward the correct weapon to keep your business. Then offer a refund for the full amount to keep good report. Very interesting

massivedesign

I only saw one Asian guy working there when I came home last. Can't remember his name. I still have to scope out all the shops around Tacoma. The Marksman was the only shop that had the Kimber I wanted. So they got my business for availability. Anything I should know about the Marksman?

www.WaGuns.org/storemap has a list of all shops in the State.. Plenty in the 253 area code.

Wobbles

Thanks for all the welcomes fellas. I'll surely be meeting up with you all that are in Pierce Co when I get back at the end of September. Looking forward to it. Reading the other topics, you all seem like some stand up Americans

.45ACPaddy

There's a Starbucks right in Lakewood where we could have a meet. Let us know when you're in town, we'll have a welcome meet! Always love to see another OCer from my area!

Wobbles

Ill be back Sept 25th, just 2 1/2 hours shy of the start to the Hawks first reg season home game. So you know where I'll be that day :lol:
A meet the following weekend (Oct 1st) would be a great way to start off the month. Maybe I'll post another thread and see who all we can get there

DevinWKuska

You should know that like with any gunstore peoples opinions vary GREATLY. IMO I avoid the asian guy becuase how he carries himself and his attitude just rubs me wrong. Though he has never actually said or done anything to anger me. Most of the guys there are very knowledgeable and do their best to help you out ASAP. ALthough as I am sure you saw they are very busy and sometimes you might have to browse around a bit. Their shooting range is obviously a big plus for them and my only complaint is lack of lighting. However after personally looking into what it takes to build one.... I am not surprised. Cheers mate!!!

Wobbles

I definitely have noticed how busy the Marksman gets in the shop. As far as the range, I went there a handful of times and never had an issue finding a lane. A friend of mine swears by them, but I think it is the only shop he's gone to