• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart Store #4413 on Saron Drive, Lexington, KY - DO NOT PATRONIZE

Savage206

so it has been awhile and I have not had an update for this thread so I figured I would let you guys know. I never received a response from Wal-Mart Corporate about this incident. I think we need to officially add this one to the DO NOT PATRONIZE list. I have not been back since and have no plans to.

neuroblades

I open carried the other day in Walmart at Prestonsburg, KY and never had a word said to me. I think it all depends on where you live in Kentucky. Seems like central and western KY Walmarts are always giving people trouble carrying their guns. Eastern Kentucky seems more laid back.

I've noticed that in alot of cases, the gun owner's mentality, age, and attitude seem to have alot to do with these situations. I'm definitely NOT ragging on ANYONE here, it's just an observation of mine.

I've read about some having issues in places that I've openly carried in without a single word from shoppers or management. I guess it has to do with the principle of dealing with animals, they can sense fear or indecision,they can tell when someone is OC'ing and they're not sure of themselves because it does show through. When they sense that, they dig in and desire to "make an example" of them and that seems to be at least a part of some of these bad encounters.

One of the best pieces of advice that I could give to a new OC'er, on your first OC trip into the world, go with someone else that's OC'ed many time before, someone that knows that laws and knows exactly where they stand on the law. This will provide the new OC'er with a sense of security in theie actions and also help to educate them about things.

Savage206

blue jeans and a button up shirt. I was hardly projecting the image of a possible criminal. I would disagree and think a lot of it comes down to managers personal feelings about firearms. I go to many other establishments and have never been said anything about OCing.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
blue jeans and a button up shirt. I was hardly projecting the image of a possible criminal. I would disagree and think a lot of it comes down to managers personal feelings about firearms. I go to many other establishments and have never been said anything about OCing.

I agree 100%. My firearm is banned from my local Walmart; manager decision... he said it scared him. I was wearing dockers and a Polo. I went up the corporate ladder, to no avail.
Because of this incident, and the fact that Walmart is the ONLY retail partner of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, I refuse to shop there. No Loss.
http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/partnership/partnership.shtml

Last edited:

neuroblades

As I said, my observation was NOT pointed at anyone in specific in this thread, it's just an observation about SOME situation of SOME individuals that have posted on here about issues like these. I will agree, there are definite some manager's that have caused more undue issues about OC than there should be. It happens and it's not right. Just because someone else is "scared" by your sidearm does NOT make it wrong or illegal, just CC your sidearm and go about your business or as someone posted here, just abstain from shopping the businesses in question.

Savage206

As I said, my observation was NOT pointed at anyone in specific in this thread, it's just an observation about SOME situation of SOME individuals that have posted on here about issues like these. I will agree, there are definite some manager's that have caused more undue issues about OC than there should be. It happens and it's not right. Just because someone else is "scared" by your sidearm does NOT make it wrong or illegal, just CC your sidearm and go about your business or as someone posted here, just abstain from shopping the businesses in question.

yeah I know you weren't directing me towards me specifically, I just wanted to tell you what I was wearing in this case. As far as CCing, I would except I have to wait until I have 6 months residency before I can apply. I just moved here at the beginning of August. I haven't been back there and have no plans to. Hence this thread. ;)