• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stirring up the anti's (anti-freedom crowd)

carsontech

Activist Member
Yea, I might have flown off the handle, but I hate it when people criticize others for exercising a right. I know they have a right to say and think what they want, but that doesn't stop me from defending my choice to exercise my rights, or my choice to want and fight for certain things to get changed here in SC.

http://www.fastgm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15680

Last edited:

John Canuck

I wouldn't worry too much about the simpletons that regurgitate the same old tired arguments without being about to supply a single incident of an OC'er being targeted first during the commission of a crime. You could give them all the statistics you want, but it wouldn't help their feeble little minds. I use a metric that goes something like this: Any time someone says "I support the right to _______, but you must use common sense" or something else to that effect, I move along. Rights aren't a variable measuring stick, they are absolute.

Those people are just authoritarians. I suggest a read of a book by a guy named Bob Altemeyer called The Authoritarians (there is a free PDF of it on the internet somewhere). It will give you a great insight into those that feel the need to either tell others what to do, or will support the notion that all people must be told what to do, as long as it's for their own good.

Now, the important folks are the ones that do the law making. We need to get their support. Those that don't support liberty, in this case constitutional carry (or at the least decriminalizing OC) can be left in the dust.

As to that site you linked to, I feel dirty after going to a site having anything to do with Government Motors. Yuk! :)

singhcr

I think it's very odd that people on a gun forum were mocking your choice of carry firearms.

I think people need to get it in their head that just because you think something doesn't mean everyone else does too. I personally think having 3 guns and a knife is a bit excessive, especially from a weight standpoint, but I am not you. You may think my choice of a 6-shot .380 pistol in my pocket is massively underpowered. Personally, you could carry 10 pistols and an AK and I wouldn't mind, because you are a free man and you have the right to exercise your freedoms in the way you see it.

PistolPackingMomma

I think it's very odd that people on a gun forum were mocking your choice of carry firearms.

I think people need to get it in their head that just because you think something doesn't mean everyone else does too. I personally think having 3 guns and a knife is a bit excessive, especially from a weight standpoint, but I am not you. You may think my choice of a 6-shot .380 pistol in my pocket is massively underpowered. Personally, you could carry 10 pistols and an AK and I wouldn't mind, because you are a free man and you have the right to exercise your freedoms in the way you see it.

I wish more people thought like this.