Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOCA Meeting Interest

Accomplished Advocate

MOCA Meeting Interest

Hey everybody, I'm looking to gauge some interest in having meetings to get the direction of MOCA going the way that MOCA members want. So, post what everyone thinks below. Areas would most likely be public libraries.

im interested!!!

xd-over

I would be interested as well. Sounds like fun.

Suggestion

Let me suggest that if you're going to have meetings there should be a board set up like as in a union meeting where idea's could be considerd fairly by a few and not have mob rule if 30/40 people show up and want do something in the name of Maine Open Carry. It would protect Shane and others interest the movement from having things getting out of control. Any issues or suggestions could be voted on by the members of the board and posted here for all to see so their can be no argument that someones idea or suggesting aren't being fairly vented by the members. If the members don't like the outcome it would be up to them to relect some new board members not cause hate and discontent every meeting.
    Last edited by jonjon_jon; 08-30-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon_jon View Post
    Let me suggest that if you're going to have meetings there should be a board set up like as in a union meeting where idea's could be considerd fairly by a few and not have mob rule if 30/40 people show up and want do something in the name of Maine Open Carry. It would protect Shane and others interest the movement from having things getting out of control. Any issues or suggestions could be voted on by the members of the board and posted here for all to see so their can be no argument that someones idea or suggesting aren't being fairly vented by the members. If the members don't like the outcome it would be up to them to relect some new board members not cause hate and discontent every meeting.
    This meeting could act as a process to nominate members to the board.

Sounds like a great idea!! Lets do it.

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    This meeting could act as a process to nominate members to the board.
    im in!!!

xd-over

I am interested. Depending on the number of attendants expected, I could even entertain hosting the meeting at my home. For larger groups I may be able to arrange for meeting space at one of a number of community rooms available in South Portland, free of cost. Presuming that South Portland is a reasonable distance for everyone involved, or course.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I am interested. Depending on the number of attendants expected, I could even entertain hosting the meeting at my home. For larger groups I may be able to arrange for meeting space at one of a number of community rooms available in South Portland, free of cost. Presuming that South Portland is a reasonable distance for everyone involved, or course.
    I can't see the number being above 10... and 10 seems quite high honestly. South Portland seems like a good location. What days are free for everyone, do Sundays work?

I can't see the number being above 10... and 10 seems quite high honestly. South Portland seems like a good location. What days are free for everyone, do Sundays work?
    Sundays are fine with me!!! as long it is late morning, or early afternoon...

xd-over
    Last edited by crdonov; 09-01-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Sundays are fine by me. If we're looking at ten people or less, I'd be happy to host if that works for everyone involved. I can easily scrounge up seating for eight or nine and we have a large dining table or, weather permitting, a patio with bench seating.

Weekdays work better for me.

Also, I'm currently rewriting the constitution for the USM Veteran Student Organization. I could easily adapt this to a MOCA constitution. If we want to file for 501(c) status at some point a constitution / articles of incorporation will be very important.

My 2: We should arrange a meeting of all interested parties and the first order of business should be to ratify a constitution (which will include elected positions). We can then proceed immediately to elections for those positions at the same meeting.
    v/r
    Forrest Brown
    Webmaster, Maine Open Carry Association
    forrest@maineopencarry.org

Sunday or Saturday will work for me

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Just my take on things: Don't get the cart before the horse.

See it very premature to consider a constitution, by-laws, board of directors etc. Think that Shane is trying to gauge the interest and level of commitment from others. That and gather any fresh ideas that might be offered. Want to accomplish something? Show your willingness to get involved and stay involved.

At this point, Shane has carried MOCA on his back with help from one or two select individuals. No organization can grow and prosper without dedicated members. Who will step forward?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate
    ok, date is Sunday the 18th at 4pm location TBA

ok, date is Sunday the 18th at 4pm location TBA
    sounds good to me!!!

xd-over

Accomplished Advocate
    Please post here if you will be attending. I would like to get a number of people coming. Also, we may or may not do dinner at a local restaurant after depending on how people feel. PLEASE bring discussion topics PREPARED to the meeting. If you want to talk about it we can. This meeting is going to be EXTREMELY informal and everyone is equal (obviously). Also, feel free to bring a friend or two, if they are interested in MOCA. If anyone thinks I have missed anything, please post about it. Also, we are not going to publicly disclose the location of the meeting on the forums. Thanks in advance!

I'll be there.

Please post here if you will be attending. I would like to get a number of people coming. Also, we may or may not do dinner at a local restaurant after depending on how people feel. PLEASE bring discussion topics PREPARED to the meeting. If you want to talk about it we can. This meeting is going to be EXTREMELY informal and everyone is equal (obviously). Also, feel free to bring a friend or two, if they are interested in MOCA. If anyone thinks I have missed anything, please post about it. Also, we are not going to publicly disclose the location of the meeting on the forums. Thanks in advance!
    im attending!!! wont miss it !!!
    where is the meeting???

xd-over

how do we know where the meeting will be held???

xd-over

I'll be there.
    v/r
    Forrest Brown
    Webmaster, Maine Open Carry Association
    forrest@maineopencarry.org

I'll be there

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    how do we know where the meeting will be held???

xd-over
    I will tell you.

I will tell you.
    cool!!!

xd over!!

Goes without saying that I will be there. I asked Shane if we could not plaster my address in the public forum, so he's been so kind as to PM everyone attending instead. Thanks Shane.

I don't mind making use of our kitchen if people would rather save some $$. I don't have a grill yet, but if anyone wanted to bring one along we could do that too. Otherwise, I would also be game for going some place afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast