• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Put Your Hands Down!!!!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Looks bad, but really not a whole lot of information. We couldn't hear what the officer was saying. He could have been telling the guy to turn around or get on his knees. We didn't see the confrontation from the start. Not enough to make any kind of call. Did he deserve to be tazed, probably not. Did notice that in the 3 min video, another officer did not show up. Great response time, right?

Last edited:

eye95

http://www.prescottaz.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=97443&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1086

I recommend that you reconsider your position on this particular story.:uhoh:

Why? Shouldn't we jump to conclusions, without complete information, based on our prejudices and predispositions? [insert a decent eyeroll smiley here]

We seem to be missing the key feature of this video. The man making the video is a flake. He starts out by hoping that the officer tazes the suspect so he can put it up on YouTube. His 15 minutes are more important to him than a peaceful resolution to the interaction between the officer and the suspect. Later in the video, we learn that the videographer knows the suspect and knows that he is mentally retarded. He ostensibly tries to defend the man from the officer's actions by informing the officer of the suspect's mental deficiency.

Yeah, right. If he really cared about the man who got tazed, he would never have hoped for the tazing and he would have informed the officer of the suspect's mental abilities before the officer tazed him.

What we have here is a commentary YouTube motivated inhumanity. There is not enough information to pass judgment on the officer or on the suspect. I will state unequivocally that the videographer is self-interested, insensitive pond-scum.