• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Courant continues its attack against OC with another ridiculous poll

MGoduto

What in the HELL does that guy in the poll picture have tucked in his belt?? One of those deadly 'assault pistols'?? Flare gun?? Paper towel tube painted black??

Geez. The Courant can't even show something that looks like a real gun. Idiots.

MKEgal

Just the title is offensive:
"Make gun owners hide their weapons in public?"

When people are forced to hide the peaceful exercise of protected rights,
something is VERY wrong with that place.
And while I carry pretty much every day, I've never handled a weapon.

As of Tues. evening, the anti-rights votes total 26%:
Why provoke violence?
Not the Wild West.
Intimidating.

Some flunky for the Governor says:
"walking into a restaurant displaying a gun is "almost by definition a breach of peace" likely to attract police attention"
Got news for ya... it's not. At least, open carry isn't.
"Displaying" certainly would be, esp. if the person is also showing other signs of criminal intent.
But I have video showing me OCing at hardware stores, groceries, & a bank, with no negative reaction.
In fact, a couple people smiled at me!

LQM

Poll Questions (totally not PC)

Make CT women wear veils.

Make smelly people bathe.

Make it illegal for men to wear open toe sandals.

Make it illegal for fat women to wear spandex.

Make tall people short.

Make strong people weak.

Make mean people nice.

(Okay, flame on!!!)

Seriously, this stuff is too easy. Mr. Lawlors' comments notwithstanding, the law is clear. And what the hell is that thing in that guys belt?

(My apologies to CT women, smelly people, men who wear open toe sandals, fat women, tall people, strong people, and mean people.)

Last edited: