Thread: Underhanded Tactics by OCPD

Angry Underhanded Tactics by OCPD

This is typical. We may never win the right here in Florida with things like this going on. The thread title is OCPD...I meant OCSD....either way....we get burned again.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...0,999625.story
    Last edited by holdcard; 08-30-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: mis identification

I don't know if the committee hearings are still downloadable, but these LEOs actually helped us with their entreaties. Their objections were so over the top it revealed them for the lackwit control freaks they are. Supposedly the publicity surrounding SB 234 made the retailers lobby against it and that did it in. It is a great mystery why they held sway when any private business can already bar people who carry guns.........or anything else for that matter.

Senator Dean did care more about the LEO concerns that our rights. He said visible weapons were more dangerous and frightening to cops than hidden guns, but no one called him out on his lie/ignorance.
    Last edited by 77zach; 08-30-2011 at 07:43 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    He said visible weapons were more dangerous and frightening to cops than hidden guns, but no one called him out on his lie/ignorance.
    EXACTLY! which is what i said a few months ago. stupid stupid stupid. we didn't have the right people lobbying FOR us.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    EXACTLY! which is what i said a few months ago. stupid stupid stupid. we didn't have the right people lobbying FOR us.
    Yeah, I said the same a few months ago when everything was going down. Specifically, the arguments in the House stressed more important arguments for OC legalization that accidental exposure and some visibly reluctant republicans went along with it, and even a few democrats. Maybe it wouldn't have changed anything, but pols don't want to be seen as anti-gun. That's why people like JD Alexander prefaced their opposition with tales of how they love shoot. Anytime a pol talks about how he likes to hunt/shoot get ready for the big "but."
    Last edited by 77zach; 08-30-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

"I actually stopped by everyone of you guy's office this morning and dropped off … photographs of some biker outlaw gang guys that have concealed firearm permits. Those are the ones we're worried about carrying," sheriff's Capt. Mike Fewless told the state Senate Judiciary Committee on April 12. "Please defeat this terrible bill."
    Permit holders with ill intentions, in my opinion, will most likely conceal for obvious reasons, regardless if OC is legal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post
    Permit holders with ill intentions, in my opinion, will most likely conceal for obvious reasons, regardless if OC is legal or not.
    When a person has ill intentions, it is irrelevant as to whether or not they are permit holders. The moment they cross the line, they are criminals. OpenCarry.org's own John Pierce says the 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters. In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich7553 View Post
    When a person has ill intentions, it is irrelevant as to whether or not they are permit holders. The moment they cross the line, they are criminals. OpenCarry.org's own John Pierce says the 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters. In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals.

why can't we argue this way when we go before the legislators?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

If it had been done in the senate we'd be OCing right now, if it was really just one vote short. For most of the others, it would not have mattered what you argued. Their worldview is flawed, so they'll come back with a wrong answer time after time.
    Last edited by 77zach; 09-01-2011 at 11:50 AM.

We Did. Go watch the videos again. FRF and Publix spend a lot of money at election time.

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    We Did. Go watch the videos again. FRF and Publix spend a lot of money at election time.
    Perhaps next time our advocates should publicly mention the money dispersed by FRF and Publix. Since private businesses don't have to follow state law on this matter, do we actually understand their opposition? I'm at a loss. Stores in the rest of the nation can and do ban OC, albeit not very often because it isn't a problem.
    Last edited by 77zach; 09-02-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Stores in the rest of the nation can and do ban OC, albeit not very often because it isn't a problem.
    That is a very true statement!

On last month's road trip around the country, both myself and my riding partner open carried in every state available to us. Stores, restaurants, on the road, quick stops, fuel stops and anywhere else our daily routine took us.

Nobody cared. Nobody mentioned it. No stores had "NO GUN" signs on them.

In fact, the only "No Guns" sign I've seen in the last few months was at my local FedEx office where I recently went to send a package! As I was CC at the time, it didn't matter anyway.

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor