• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Underhanded Tactics by OCPD

77zach

I don't know if the committee hearings are still downloadable, but these LEOs actually helped us with their entreaties. Their objections were so over the top it revealed them for the lackwit control freaks they are. Supposedly the publicity surrounding SB 234 made the retailers lobby against it and that did it in. It is a great mystery why they held sway when any private business can already bar people who carry guns.........or anything else for that matter.

Senator Dean did care more about the LEO concerns that our rights. He said visible weapons were more dangerous and frightening to cops than hidden guns, but no one called him out on his lie/ignorance.

Last edited:

hammer6

He said visible weapons were more dangerous and frightening to cops than hidden guns, but no one called him out on his lie/ignorance.

EXACTLY! which is what i said a few months ago. stupid stupid stupid. we didn't have the right people lobbying FOR us.

77zach

EXACTLY! which is what i said a few months ago. stupid stupid stupid. we didn't have the right people lobbying FOR us.

Yeah, I said the same a few months ago when everything was going down. Specifically, the arguments in the House stressed more important arguments for OC legalization that accidental exposure and some visibly reluctant republicans went along with it, and even a few democrats. Maybe it wouldn't have changed anything, but pols don't want to be seen as anti-gun. That's why people like JD Alexander prefaced their opposition with tales of how they love shoot. Anytime a pol talks about how he likes to hunt/shoot get ready for the big "but."

Last edited:

SpringerXDacp

"I actually stopped by everyone of you guy's office this morning and dropped off … photographs of some biker outlaw gang guys that have concealed firearm permits. Those are the ones we're worried about carrying," sheriff's Capt. Mike Fewless told the state Senate Judiciary Committee on April 12. "Please defeat this terrible bill."

Permit holders with ill intentions, in my opinion, will most likely conceal for obvious reasons, regardless if OC is legal or not.

Rich7553

Permit holders with ill intentions, in my opinion, will most likely conceal for obvious reasons, regardless if OC is legal or not.

When a person has ill intentions, it is irrelevant as to whether or not they are permit holders. The moment they cross the line, they are criminals. OpenCarry.org's own John Pierce says the 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters. In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals.

hammer6

When a person has ill intentions, it is irrelevant as to whether or not they are permit holders. The moment they cross the line, they are criminals. OpenCarry.org's own John Pierce says the 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters. In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals.

why can't we argue this way when we go before the legislators?

77zach

why can't we argue this way when we go before the legislators?

If it had been done in the senate we'd be OCing right now, if it was really just one vote short. For most of the others, it would not have mattered what you argued. Their worldview is flawed, so they'll come back with a wrong answer time after time.

Last edited:

77zach

We Did. Go watch the videos again. FRF and Publix spend a lot of money at election time.

Perhaps next time our advocates should publicly mention the money dispersed by FRF and Publix. Since private businesses don't have to follow state law on this matter, do we actually understand their opposition? I'm at a loss. Stores in the rest of the nation can and do ban OC, albeit not very often because it isn't a problem.

Last edited:

ADulay

Stores in the rest of the nation can and do ban OC, albeit not very often because it isn't a problem.

That is a very true statement!

On last month's road trip around the country, both myself and my riding partner open carried in every state available to us. Stores, restaurants, on the road, quick stops, fuel stops and anywhere else our daily routine took us.

Nobody cared. Nobody mentioned it. No stores had "NO GUN" signs on them.

In fact, the only "No Guns" sign I've seen in the last few months was at my local FedEx office where I recently went to send a package! As I was CC at the time, it didn't matter anyway.

AD