• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun buyback

TheQ

Oh it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Homeland Security riffles are only $200! Offer $230 and snag one!

dragongtr

the best part is gonna be when any of the guns that are clean get sold so the department can make a profit on them. They will sell them to select ffl's and then we will see them on the used market.

skyisfalling

If this happens in Washington State , I will protest venomously.
That illegal buy back program is part of a Three point plan to ban personal
firearms all together.
1st. buy backs (promotes theft and gun crimes)
2nd. gun registration (only law abiding comply)
3rd. door to door confiscations (disarms our most responsible and conscious citizens)

In the end, only the criminals and corrupt government will have firearms.
The U.N. and New World Order owns you. You and your children are slaves.

Be afraid, very afraid.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Anyone know what they are going to do with the guns they "bought back"? I know they usually melt them down and destroy them. I always thought they should sell/auction them and make some money for charity or something. Destroying perfectly good guns is a horrible waste.

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Anyome know what they are going to do with the guns they "bought back"? I know they usually melt them down and destroy them. I always thought they should sell/auction them and make some money for charity or something. Destroying perfectly good guns is a horrible waste.

yes, they will likely be destroyed. rather than sell them, how about, not having these scams in the first place?

ElectricianLU58

what a waste. i am still looking for a medium or large frame snub nose revolver, too. i would love to see what they took in and will be destroying.

imagine how many rare guns like colt detective specials, pythons, cobras, vintage single action armys (guns of significance)... guns that were stolen from good people before i was even born... will be destroyed for absolutely no reason.

sad.

what if they took in an m-15 1911, an absolute white whale? would they destroy something of that level of cultural significance? i would hope not.

PDinDetroit

Is that the real issue here?

Semantics?....really?

It's a sound bite, easy to remember just like the "Assault Weapon Ban".

Please...never speak of this again.

battery-500x361.jpg

dragongtr

Anyome know what they are going to do with the guns they "bought back"? I know they usually melt them down and destroy them. I always thought they should sell/auction them and make some money for charity or something. Destroying perfectly good guns is a horrible waste.

See my previous post, from what I have heard (know of some local ffl's who buy guns from police auction), they are starting to go through them and see if any have been used in crimes, see if they working, and ones that work, have any value and aren't involved in open cases, they sell them, helps them fund more buybacks.

TheQ

It figures Huel Perkins was the anchor. One of the biggest anti-gunners if I've ever seen one. At least he's had Rick on to talk about Open Carry on a few occasions -- if only so he and his liberal mob of guests can bash him.