• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Bang & Breakfast! Sept 3, 2011 - Colorado Springs IHOP + Dragonmans

since9

Campaign Veteran
Ok, folks - it's time to do this thing that we do once again! This is also an ongoing way to support this particular IHOP, which was robbed by armed gunmen in the Spring of 2010. We've done this three times before, and they know me, so I will be our liaison with them to arrange for reserved seating.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP with the total number in your party, including yourself. I that number changes, don't create a second post. Simply edit the first number you posted so we don't inadvertently double-count you.

0800 Hours: Breakfast at IHOP (the Southern one near Citadel Mall)
512 N Chelton Road
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80909-5218

0910 Hours: Head to Dragonmans Shooting Range
1200 Dragon Man Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80929

Please gather by the door at Dragonmans and wait for all of us so we can take advantage of group discounts on Range Fees:
$10.00 for the first person
$8.00 each additional person

Directions from IHOP to Dragonmans:

1. Head south on N Chelton Rd toward E Platte Ave
go 358 ft, total 358 ft

2. Take the 1st left onto E Platte Ave
go 3.3 mi, total 3.4 mi

3. Continue onto US-24 E
go 0.8 mi, total 4.2 mi

4. Turn right onto CO-94 E
go 7.5 mi, total 11.7 mi

5. Turn left onto N Curtis Rd
go 0.7 mi, total 12.5 mi

6. Take the 1st left onto Dragonman Dr
go all the way up the road, following it as it curves left 90 degrees, then follow it to its end, total 13.5 mi​

I'll bring my staple hammer, which is far quicker and easier to use than those dratted staple guns. The best option for cheap targets I've seen yet are simple paper plates! (no plastic ones, as they don't biodegrade) However, bring whatever targets float your boat.

Please Note: Please don't try to swing this to the following weekend. Their Annual Machine Gun Shoot will be Sept. 10th and 11th 2011. If you'd like to attend that, fine - post it as a separate event. I'm scheduling this event, however, for the 3rd, as I'd like to eat some grub with my buddies and practice shooting, not fight the 1,200+ crowd that'll be there the following weekend. Thanks.

Last edited:

Keens

That's a bit early for a Sat morning, I'm in the PDR! Anyway, let me talk to my brother-in-law, a co-worker of mine, and M-T. BIL needs to get a holster and his excuse is he can't find a left handed one for his M&P .40. If my BIL goes, he has a Carvan and car pooling is possible. I'll keep you informed Since9!

since9

Campaign Veteran
It returns in the morning? Why do you think I scheduled it for so early? :lol: NCAA football comes on at 10:30, so you be able to fire away for half an hour and still make the kickoff!

Actually, I scheduled it so we could arrive at the range when it opens. Far less crowds then than at 11:00, which aids setting up at adjoining tables.

We'll go later in the day during late Fall, Winter, and early Spring!

Last edited:

jskp229

S-9,

Yes, I'm interested. I'm trying to move a conflict, but I'm optimistic I'll be able to. I should know by Thursday night or Friday morning. I'm also trying to get your neighbor (my son) to go too.

I'll get back to all by Friday.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I surely do wish I could attend, but am forced to miss this particular one.
We have a Citizen's Academy class on Saturday, and we'll be checking out Rampart Search and Rescue on this particular Saturday. We were also supposed to learn about our Posse, but there have been some changes in their leadership so that won't happen this time around. But the Search and Rescue should be a really interesting class, and I wouldn't want to miss that one.

Maybe next time.

Meanwhile, I am trying to figure out a good place to gather in Aurora or Highlands Ranch for a gathering here in the metro area.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
S-9,

Yes, I'm interested. I'm trying to move a conflict, but I'm optimistic I'll be able to. I should know by Thursday night or Friday morning. I'm also trying to get your neighbor (my son) to go too.

I'll get back to all by Friday.

I'd thought about carpooling, but I'll be heading to the Balloon Classic around 5:20am, so no more comments from the peanut gallery about 8am being "too early!" :p

If he'd like to come with me to the Balloon Classic, followed by our OC meet, that would be fine.

Last edited:

jskp229

Sorry to say, I could not move the conflict & will have to pass on this get together. Hopefully I can do the next one.

I still want to get a longer day out at the Nat'f Forest location we discussed. That would be better during the week for less competition. Would anyone other than Since9 & myself be able to get out during the week sometime?

Thx

since9

Campaign Veteran
Hmm...

So far, it's looking like just one attendee - me. Keens, what say you? If you can't go, let me know so I can cancel. Thanks.

ETA: I'll check back at 8pm and call it one way or the other at that time.

- since9

Last edited:

Keens

So far, it's looking like just one attendee - me. Keens, what say you? If you can't go, let me know so I can cancel. Thanks.

ETA: I'll check back at 8pm and call it one way or the other at that time.

- since9

I won't be able to go this time. Next one for sure!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Event cancelled

This event has been cancelled. Please enjoy your weekend!

No worries, folks. It is Labor Day Weekend, after all. We'll try it again in a couple of weeks. :)

- since9