Thread: Utah application question?

Utah application question?

I'm filling out my forms for the Utah permit and on the fingerprint application do i fill out the middle of the paper or does Utah do it?All i did was sign it.

PM Sent

oops lol now glasses are on i can read sorry glock....
    Last edited by Packfanatic; 08-30-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockface View Post
    I'm filling out my forms for the Utah permit and on the fingerprint application do i fill out the middle of the paper or does Utah do it?All i did was sign it.
    Fill in personal information. Spell out your middle name - no initial. You will need a UT fingerprint card (I have them.).

Print your name on the middle part of the permit application form. I have to sign and affix my Official Seal. My seal is applied with red ink and bears my name, my instructor permit number, and permit expiration date. The instructions on the form are pretty clear. Have your state ID (Driver license, etc) so I can verify that you are the individual who is getting my seal.

Most Law Enforcement Agencies have gone to electronic scan fingerprints. If you use a local LEA, DO NOT fill in any information. The LEO will fill it in on the computer and put the UT Card into a printer which will print out your fingerprints and the personal information. The UT fingerprint card is a standard FBI card, but with a UT BCI stamp on it.

All that aside, I am working on having a fingerprint technician present.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post

That would be sweet. Should we bring stuff? Like coffee and coffee cake?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Ohhhhh.... Noooooo..... Please Say It Ain't So....

Fill in personal information. Spell out your middle name - no initial. You will need a UT fingerprint card (I have them.).

Print your name on the middle part of the permit application form. I have to sign and affix my Official Seal. My seal is applied with red ink and bears my name, my instructor permit number, and permit expiration date. The instructions on the form are pretty clear. Have your state ID (Driver license, etc) so I can verify that you are the individual who is getting my seal.

Most Law Enforcement Agencies have gone to electronic scan fingerprints. If you use a local LEA, DO NOT fill in any information. The LEO will fill it in on the computer and put the UT Card into a printer which will print out your fingerprints and the personal information. The UT fingerprint card is a standard FBI card, but with a UT BCI stamp on it.

I got a fingerprint card from the 2nd Utah Permit class that I was invited to attend after I took your class. I do not think it was "UT Fingerprint Card".... I got my "Prints" taken at my local police station by an actual LEO. He filled out the section and signed the card as an LEO for the Silver Lake Police Department...

WILL THIS BE ACCEPTABLE.... or did I screw up by not sending in an "UT Fingerprint Card"....

ETD.... The Instuctors I got the card from were in fact NRA Certified as well as Certified to give the UTAH Permit Class....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 08-31-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    I got a fingerprint card from the 2nd Utah Permit class that I was invited to attend after I took your class. I do not think it was "UT Fingerprint Card".... I got my "Prints" taken at my local police station by an actual LEO. He filled out the section and signed the card as an LEO for the Silver Lake Police Department...

WILL THIS BE ACCEPTABLE.... or did I screw up by not sending in an "UT Fingerprint Card"....

ETD.... The Instuctors I got the card from were in fact NRA Certified as well as Certified to give the UTAH Permit Class....

Outdoorsman1
    I think you will be fine because you had the card done by a LEO - and - I am assuming it was done on an FBI Card.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    That would be sweet. Should we bring stuff? Like coffee and coffee cake?
    See my PM to you

I think you will be fine because you had the card done by a LEO - and - I am assuming it was done on an FBI Card.
    Thank GOD..... It was a "Real" finger print card... I am thinking FBI....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    He filled out the section and signed the card as an LEO for the Silver Lake Police Department...

Mine were done at The UPS Store and the lady marked it as being done by her at the UPS store, I sent it in and they sent me a permit back. It did have a letter stating it was subject to a clear background check and acceptable prints by the FBI.

My local PD only had booking cards and not the FBI cards, everything they do is digital now.

My card wasn't marked UT anything. It wasn't an "official" FBI document or what not, just some paper supply place marked as complying to the FBI card form# whatever.

I think as long as its the blue and white one you should be fine. Of course knowing my luck they probably have the letter pulling my permit for bad prints in the mail........lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jason in WI; 08-31-2011 at 11:37 PM.