• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah application question?

Glockface

I'm filling out my forms for the Utah permit and on the fingerprint application do i fill out the middle of the paper or does Utah do it?All i did was sign it.

jpm84092

I'm filling out my forms for the Utah permit and on the fingerprint application do i fill out the middle of the paper or does Utah do it?All i did was sign it.

Fill in personal information. Spell out your middle name - no initial. You will need a UT fingerprint card (I have them.).

Print your name on the middle part of the permit application form. I have to sign and affix my Official Seal. My seal is applied with red ink and bears my name, my instructor permit number, and permit expiration date. The instructions on the form are pretty clear. Have your state ID (Driver license, etc) so I can verify that you are the individual who is getting my seal.

Most Law Enforcement Agencies have gone to electronic scan fingerprints. If you use a local LEA, DO NOT fill in any information. The LEO will fill it in on the computer and put the UT Card into a printer which will print out your fingerprints and the personal information. The UT fingerprint card is a standard FBI card, but with a UT BCI stamp on it.

All that aside, I am working on having a fingerprint technician present.

Outdoorsman1

Ohhhhh.... Noooooo..... Please Say It Ain't So....

Fill in personal information. Spell out your middle name - no initial. You will need a UT fingerprint card (I have them.).

Print your name on the middle part of the permit application form. I have to sign and affix my Official Seal. My seal is applied with red ink and bears my name, my instructor permit number, and permit expiration date. The instructions on the form are pretty clear. Have your state ID (Driver license, etc) so I can verify that you are the individual who is getting my seal.

Most Law Enforcement Agencies have gone to electronic scan fingerprints. If you use a local LEA, DO NOT fill in any information. The LEO will fill it in on the computer and put the UT Card into a printer which will print out your fingerprints and the personal information. The UT fingerprint card is a standard FBI card, but with a UT BCI stamp on it.

All that aside, I am working on having a fingerprint technician present.

I got a fingerprint card from the 2nd Utah Permit class that I was invited to attend after I took your class. I do not think it was "UT Fingerprint Card".... I got my "Prints" taken at my local police station by an actual LEO. He filled out the section and signed the card as an LEO for the Silver Lake Police Department...

WILL THIS BE ACCEPTABLE.... or did I screw up by not sending in an "UT Fingerprint Card"....

ETD.... The Instuctors I got the card from were in fact NRA Certified as well as Certified to give the UTAH Permit Class....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

jpm84092

I got a fingerprint card from the 2nd Utah Permit class that I was invited to attend after I took your class. I do not think it was "UT Fingerprint Card".... I got my "Prints" taken at my local police station by an actual LEO. He filled out the section and signed the card as an LEO for the Silver Lake Police Department...

WILL THIS BE ACCEPTABLE.... or did I screw up by not sending in an "UT Fingerprint Card"....

ETD.... The Instuctors I got the card from were in fact NRA Certified as well as Certified to give the UTAH Permit Class....

Outdoorsman1

I think you will be fine because you had the card done by a LEO - and - I am assuming it was done on an FBI Card.

Jason in WI

He filled out the section and signed the card as an LEO for the Silver Lake Police Department...

Mine were done at The UPS Store and the lady marked it as being done by her at the UPS store, I sent it in and they sent me a permit back. It did have a letter stating it was subject to a clear background check and acceptable prints by the FBI.

My local PD only had booking cards and not the FBI cards, everything they do is digital now.

My card wasn't marked UT anything. It wasn't an "official" FBI document or what not, just some paper supply place marked as complying to the FBI card form# whatever.

I think as long as its the blue and white one you should be fine. Of course knowing my luck they probably have the letter pulling my permit for bad prints in the mail........lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited: