Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AB144 has risen from the dead!

AB144 has risen from the dead!

It has been pulled from the Inactive File. It is on second reading for Tuesday, Wed it will be 3rd reading file. It can be up for a vote Thursday or Friday.
    Last edited by Iopencarry; 09-03-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Dont believe it, bills in inactive file have been retrieved before and voted on. Its not dead till 1201 am Sept 10th. Dont celebrate yet.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    I have been informed, AB 144 is DEAD for the year

according to Sam Parades of GOC, due to a procedural issue, supported by and made accountable by Senator GOP Leader Bob Dutton, that AB 144 has been placed into the Inactive File for the rest of the year.
    good job and thanks go out to all 2A Advocates that worked hard all year to fight this unnecessary Bill.
    We WON again, 4th time they have tried to pass this type of Bill.
    Inactive isnt the same as dead. I suspect that the problem is that Portantino has lost the support to drive this bill home with his budget antics. I will reserve my celebration until after September 9th.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Inactive isnt the same as dead. I suspect that the problem is that Portantino has lost the support to drive this bill home with his budget antics. I will reserve my celebration until after September 9th.
    I agree. Obviously doesn't have the votes yet. I'm sure he has his share of detractors in the Senate. Politics!

If it stays in the inactive file for the next couple of weeks, we won't have to worry until next year.

Sword of Damocles! I wish that all bills either had an up/down vote or die.
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Sept 10 would be a good day for a "144 is DEAD" BBQ.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by gundude View Post
    sept 10 would be a good day for a "144 is dead" bbq.
    hmmmm????? OC bbq?
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

My social secretary (wife) just informed me that we will be in Las Vegas for her grand daughters wedding the weekend of Sept 10th and 11th.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Oc bbq

A barbeque is a great idea. Maybe add a small service project like other OC crews have done in the past to help get the word out. I know of some newbies that would like to participate in UOC and would feel a lot more comfortable in a group before venturing out on their own.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/2011...-its-not-dead/

“AB 144 is not dead; it’s a procedural move, it will be taken up soon,” Assemblyman Anthony Portantino, D-La Canada Flintridge, said today.

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

sounds a lot like what happened last year to me...

I think they are maneuvering themselves for this to be a last minte type deal where IF it passes the only option one will have would be to fight it in court. We all know Moonbeam is gonna sign it so that leaves out trying to stop it there.

I think they are moving it to the inactive list to prevent/discourage people from discussing it, thus preventing the chances it will get found out for the hoax it really is.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    We all know Moonbeam is gonna sign it so that leaves out trying to stop it there.
    That's actually a complete unknown currently.

AB 144 IS NOT DEAD. It is merely inactive. I would not be surprised if this is a procedural tactic to try and garner more legislators to tow the party line and gain enough votes.

Don't say it's dead til it's dead.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Yogi: "It ain't over till it's over."

Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    I have been informed, AB 144 is DEAD for the year

according to Sam Parades of GOC, due to a procedural issue, supported by and made accountable by Senator GOP Leader Bob Dutton, that AB 144 has been placed into the Inactive File for the rest of the year.
    good job and thanks go out to all 2A Advocates that worked hard all year to fight this unnecessary Bill.
    We WON again, 4th time they have tried to pass this type of Bill.
    Removed from inactive is the latest word. It's ALIVE. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=1162

The OP needs to change the title. We don't want it lulling people into complacency during this last week. . It ain't dead till the fat man weeps.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Removed from inactive is the latest word. It's ALIVE. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=1162
    Here it is in black and white...:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=ab_144&sess=CUR&house=B&auth or=portantino
    Last edited by devildoc5; 09-03-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    I clicked on it and...

...."The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it."

WHY why cant I have it!

Senate voted 20/12 and has been placed on call with 3 or 4 senators absent. Once removed from call, this will pass and move on to the assembly for concurrence. The only way this does not make it to Browns desk now is if the assembly is unable to act on the bill before 11:59.59pm on September 9th.

Fat chance.
    Last edited by ConditionThree; 09-08-2011 at 08:27 PM.

www.shop42a.com

Activist Member
    Maybe Governor Brown will veto it.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    If you want to see the debate from the Senate, you can find it here: http://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewVideo/3032
    Debate starts at 8:50.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Felid`Maximus View Post
    Maybe Governor Brown will veto it.
    BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA you're funny.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Passed, I believe the vote was 40-29. Goes to Governor Brown who will hopefully veto it.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong, they need 41 votes for it to pass. It's on call.

Edit: Actually I'm still wrong, it passed 44-30. Now it goes to the Governor.
    Last edited by bigtoe416; 09-09-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    Edit: Actually I'm still wrong, it passed 44-30. Now it goes to the Governor.
    I thought the Assembly still had to concur with senate amendments.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I thought the Assembly still had to concur with senate amendments.
    Yes. The 44/30 vote was from the Assembly on the evening of September 9th. It will now be enrolled and Governor Brown will make a decision to sign it into law, veto the bill, or do nothing (which will make it law if he does not act by October 9th).

www.shop42a.com

Moonbeam will sign it. When will it take effect?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast