• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cantor's having a Town Hall meeting

kenny

http://www.the-richmonder.com/

AUGUST 31, 2011

Congressman Eric Cantor of Virginia’s 7th District invites his constituents to attend the next Cantor Advisory Council Meeting. (This is what he calls a Town Hall)
August 31, 2011
5:30pm
Holiday Inn Koger Conference Center,

James River Ballroom
1021 Koger Center Blvd, Richmond, VA 23235
(5:30pm drinks and hors d’oeuvres; 6pm General Meeting with Q&A).

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
cantor.jpg

cantor2011.jpg

Repeater

Cantor is a disaster

The poor NeoCon fool can't seem to decide where he stands on budget issues:

Cantor in tricky spot on disaster aid
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s (R-Va.) insistence that federal disaster aid be offset elsewhere in the budget runs directly counter to his position in the past when the money went to help his district.

Cantor is in an awkward position when it comes to disaster aid. Twice in the last week his district was struck by natural disasters — once by the hurricane and once by an earthquake — and his state’s Republican governor has said deficit concerns should not be a factor in the response to the disaster.

Yet Cantor is also the leader of a House GOP majority focused on reducing government spending, and disaster relief that is not offset with other spending cuts threatens to eat away at the savings Republicans have carved from the budget.

This has left Cantor straddling between his national role as a popular Tea Party conservative — focused on spending cuts and balanced budgets — and his less-publicized duties as a representative of Virginia.

Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, breaking with fellow Republican Cantor, on Tuesday suggested that deficit-spending concerns should not be a factor as Congress and the Federal Emergency Management Agency respond to Hurricane Irene.

“My concern is that we help people in need,” McDonnell said during his monthly radio show. “For the FEMA money that’s going to flow, it’s up to them on how they get it. I don’t think it’s the time to get into that [deficit] debate.”

That's ironic - Cantor and Mcdonell are at odds over Hurricane relief.

Heckofajob, Eric.