• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Loading magazines

Glock214

I have the UpLula that Venator linked to above. It works great. I can use it on every auto pistol I own, single or double stack magazines. Everything from .32 to .45 without a hitch.

Bronson

I just looked at those, and they actually had one at a local gun shop i visited. And I am going to purchase it with my next check. They aren't cheap, but they look great, and your comment on them just sold me, thanks Bronson and Venator!!!

Glock214

stainless1911

Banned
Thanks SigGuy, I do try to shoot a few times a week, usually about 200 rounds a week to get comfortable with my gun and what grip I should use etc. Also, its a tool that is there to protect my family,So I want to master it so everything is second nature for me. I still can't stop blinking though when firing... any suggestions?

Glock214

Just keep shooting, you'll clear the blinking thing out in time.

Have you tried snapcaps yet? If possible, have someone else load your mags for you, have them hide a snapcap or two in the mag. When you hit the "dud", it will do a couple things for you. It will unconver a flinch, if any, it will help the blink, and it will help you train for a jam, and show you how to quickly clear your weapon.

If you have several mags, you can load them yourself, inserting the snapcaps at random, and then just mix up your mags. If you reload, you could kill some primers, and load up a few duds. Toss all your rounds in a bag, mix them up, and you won't know which ones are live when you load them.

Dont mix those up with your self defense rounds though. o_O

Last edited:

Glock214

Just keep shooting, you'll clear the blinking thing out in time.

Have you tried snapcaps yet? If possible, have someone else load your mags for you, have them hide a snapcap or two in the mag. When you hit the "dud", it will do a couple things for you. It will unconver a flinch, if any, it will help the blink, and it will help you train for a jam, and show you how to quickly clear your weapon.

If you have several mags, you can load them yourself, inserting the snapcaps at random, and then just mix up your mags. If you reload, you could kill some primers, and load up a few duds. Toss all your rounds in a bag, mix them up, and you won't know which ones are live when you load them.

Dont mix those up with your self defense rounds though. o_O

I have not tried snapcaps yet, honestly I have never heard of them until you mentioned them. I will have to try that and see if that helps me see if I am anticipating the recoil, have a flinch, etc. And I never even thought about the gun jamming. Thank you for pointing that out, now that I think about it. I remember watching a video mentioning when you have a jam/misfire, to slap the bottom of your mag and rack the slide. and to get used to it, practice doing that same thing over and over and over again. Isn't racking the slide over and over bad for your gun? Or have I been told incorrectly?

And I make sure I have my self defense set aside from my range rounds now, I learned the hard way after realizing that I just let off three mags full of self defense ammo down range :banghead: them rounds aren't cheap lol

Glock214

PDinDetroit

I have not tried snapcaps yet, honestly I have never heard of them until you mentioned them. I will have to try that and see if that helps me see if I am anticipating the recoil, have a flinch, etc. And I never even thought about the gun jamming. Thank you for pointing that out, now that I think about it. I remember watching a video mentioning when you have a jam/misfire, to slap the bottom of your mag and rack the slide. and to get used to it, practice doing that same thing over and over and over again. Isn't racking the slide over and over bad for your gun? Or have I been told incorrectly?

And I make sure I have my self defense set aside from my range rounds now, I learned the hard way after realizing that I just let off three mags full of self defense ammo down range :banghead: them rounds aren't cheap lol

Glock214

Racking the slide is same as shooting the gun. With proper lubrication, should be no issue (certain semi-auto firearms have spring issues after x number of rounds).

Plenty of places to obtain target/range rounds, no need to use Self-Defense rounds for every range time.

You might want to consider some training for Defensive Hand-gunning...

http://www.michigantrainer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=29

http://www.michigantrainer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=30

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=146874

Last edited: