• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC & shoulder holster?

TheShadow

Welcome to OCDO.

Probably not, most will assume youre a cop.

Unless you're breaking a law, you dont have to worry about the police anyhow.

Thanks for the welcome and feedback. It gets pretty hot trying to cover these full size pistols during the summer. That's what got me thinking about OC then I started reading the threads /*that must make me what you guys call a lurker*/ and decided to try it. I see you have over 5,000 posts are you a Admin. here?

TheShadow

No -- he just sits on the computer all day and posts on OCDO and other Forums ;)

I'm guessing your shoulder rig has some active retention?

Correct / thumb breaks on both holsters. These are vertical holsters so the muzzles aren't hanging in someone's face while I'm in line at the store etc.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Okay... time for pics. Twin .45s? Sounds BA.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
No no no. Let's see you wearing your rig with both .45s how you would on a normal day OCing.

TheShadow

No no no. Let's see you wearing your rig with both .45s how you would on a normal day OCing.

Uh --- that's going to require some photographic help, but I'll work on it. The rig is similar to that used in my avatar, just a modern version.