Thread: Cpl class

Cpl class

Anyone know a place near Canton to get a good deal on a CPL class? A buddy at work wants to get his, then I will work on converting him to OC He just moved here from Ohio, there is no requirement for how long he has to be a Mich resident before getting his CPL is there?

He has to be a Michigan resident for 6 months. If he moved here but has not gotten a Michigan DL, tell him to do so now. The license establishes residency.

Does he have a concealment license from Ohio?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Does he have a concealment license from Ohio?
    I don't think that matters. As soon as he moved here Michigan stopped recognizing his Ohio permit because Michigan does not recognize non-resident permits.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    I don't think that matters. As soon as he moved here Michigan stopped recognizing his Ohio permit because Michigan does not recognize non-resident permits.
    No, MI doesn't recognize his non-resident permit; however, in the case of a new resident that had a permit in another state, the 6 month requirement can be waived.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Don't many gun-boards wave the 6-month residency requirement if you have a permit from the state you just moved from?
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Canton = Wayne county....

It would be faster to just apply after 4.5 months...then you may have it within 7 months.

Or spend 2 years trying to get them to wave the res. requirement.

BTW: The Firing Line is right at Ford Rd and Hix, very close to Canton and they do CPL classes.

This would be a little bit of a drive but well worth it. MOC is having a CPL class as a fundraiser to raise money for our CADL v MOC case.
    It is on September 24 in Middleville being taught by Skip Coryell. All the information is on our home page at www.michiganopencarry.org

He just swapped his license so its gonna be a bit of a wait, thks for all the replies