• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cpl class

choover

Anyone know a place near Canton to get a good deal on a CPL class? A buddy at work wants to get his, then I will work on converting him to OC :) He just moved here from Ohio, there is no requirement for how long he has to be a Mich resident before getting his CPL is there?

scot623

He has to be a Michigan resident for 6 months. If he moved here but has not gotten a Michigan DL, tell him to do so now. The license establishes residency.

TheQ

I don't think that matters. As soon as he moved here Michigan stopped recognizing his Ohio permit because Michigan does not recognize non-resident permits.

No, MI doesn't recognize his non-resident permit; however, in the case of a new resident that had a permit in another state, the 6 month requirement can be waived.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
Canton = Wayne county....

It would be faster to just apply after 4.5 months...then you may have it within 7 months.

Or spend 2 years trying to get them to wave the res. requirement.

BTW: The Firing Line is right at Ford Rd and Hix, very close to Canton and they do CPL classes.

sprinklerguy28

This would be a little bit of a drive but well worth it. MOC is having a CPL class as a fundraiser to raise money for our CADL v MOC case.
It is on September 24 in Middleville being taught by Skip Coryell. All the information is on our home page at www.michiganopencarry.org