Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about picking up a Springfield?

Campaign Veteran

Thinking about picking up a Springfield?

Just saw this this evening. Buy a Springfield XD or XDM between September 1st and November 30th, and on top of the XD/XDM gear kit that comes with it you can send in the rebate for 3 more magazines and another dual mag holder.

Another $150 worth of free goodies.

http://www.springfieldpromo.com/

So, that's 5 magazines and 2 dual mag belt holders for your gun. I'm going to pop out this weekend and pick up another 3.8 (might even pick up the 5.25, but I haven't decided yet)
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Might want to check out what kind of deals M & P is offering. XD's seem to have a good rep too. But only Glock and Smith M&P passed the government trials.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I love my XD.... Ease of tear down for cleaning, multiple saftey features, comfortable to hold and shoot, excellent round in chamber indicator....

I would not hesitate to get another....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 08-31-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Might want to check out what kind of deals M & P is offering. XD's seem to have a good rep too. But only Glock and Smith M&P passed the government trials.
    We don't trust the government for anything else...why trust their gun choices...lol.

The XD is a great handgun. It was my first pistol purchase and is still one of my favorites. Besides that's a reallly good deal!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    We don't trust the government for anything else...why trust their gun choices...lol.

The XD is a great handgun. It was my first pistol purchase and is still one of my favorites. Besides that's a reallly good deal!
    Ok. Got me on that one.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

XD trigger is far better than the M&P. I may just have to buy another XD so I can get some mags.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    Just saw this this evening. Buy a Springfield XD or XDM between September 1st and November 30th, and on top of the XD/XDM gear kit that comes with it you can send in the rebate for 3 more magazines and another dual mag holder.

Another $150 worth of free goodies.

http://www.springfieldpromo.com/

So, that's 5 magazines and 2 dual mag belt holders for your gun. I'm going to pop out this weekend and pick up another 3.8 (might even pick up the 5.25, but I haven't decided yet)
    Go ahead...Pick it up; I dare ya!!!
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    XD trigger is far better than the M&P. I may just have to buy another XD so I can get some mags.
    That's exactly why I'm getting another one. That, and I want another back up gun........

Love my XDM 3.8 9mm

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up Bring enough gun...

5" Mil-Spec Springfield 1911 .45 ACP. Single-action trigger like a breaking glass rod.Cocked and locked. Big and reliable. Disappears in my Smart Carry or my Ugly holster.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Campaign Veteran
    Would that be an ugly holster by Cleveland Holsters by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    Would that be an ugly holster by Cleveland Holsters by any chance?
    That would be the only Ugly Holster I know of.... I will eventually put up some pictures of the disappearing act when I get my camera fixed. We're in the process of moving over to Grant county and that is dominating our lives right now. If you know of anybody who is looking for a three bedroom house with a 3800 sq. ft., 2-1/2 level, five bay shop of your dreams all on ten wooded acres, butting up to the 8th fairway of a pretty 18 hole country golf course, send them our way.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

I love my XD .45, shoot with it in IDPA with great accuracy and speed, but I do practice a bit...

I love my XDm 3.8 in 9mm as well. I love the trigger, the balance, and the feel. I think they are a great handgun.
    I bought it last fall when Springfield ran the same deal. Now I'm selling it on Saturday (Need the money). It will be the first time I've ever sold one of my firearms... I don't like the feeling.
    However, I plan on getting an XDm 3.8 9mm Compact some time next year.

I bought my first handgun, without ever shooting one in my life. I got lucky. I chose the XD-45. I love it. I even have an IWB holster for it.

Later I bought a Taurus PT145 for CC, and I only have 20 rounds thru it. Right now it is with Big River Leather having a holster made for it. When I get it back, I plan on spending some quality time with it.

I have been thinking about getting an LCP and I got the chance to shoot a Ruger LCP last week. After 6 rounds, I never want to touch an LCP again. Maybe an Ruger LC9 or a Taurus PT709 Slim.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 09-02-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    unless you have seen something where the XD failed "government trials" then it doesnt really matter.
    Last edited by apierce918; 09-02-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    ....I have been thinking about getting an LCP and I got the chance to shoot a Ruger LCP last week. After 6 rounds, I never want to touch an LCP again....
    Why didn't you like the LCP?
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

I own a Glock 17 (9mm) full size AND a Glock 21 (.45 ACP) full size. But...

I carry a Springfield XD-9 or XD-45 depending on my mood. (On my trip here the other day, it was the Springfield XD-9 in UT, WY, NE, and IA. She got unloaded and placed in a locked case in the trunk with the magazine locked into a different case in the locked trunk at the IL / IA border.)

As for passing Government trials, is this the same US Government that went to the Baretta 9mm and gave up the Colt Model 1911?

I used a Taurus Millennium Pro PT-145 on my qualification shoot for NRA Firearms Instructor - pistol. Keep in mind that the Taurus Millennium series are very short barreled handgun - and - that first trigger press is a long one. I used to carry it full time, but now carry the Springfield XD.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    The Ruger LCP, like its Kel-Tek counterpart, is very light and the hand absorbs the energy of every round fired. For some people, this is very uncomfortable. On top of that, many men have larger hands and have trouble being accurate with these small firearms.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I could shoot my XD45 all day, 500 rounds plus. It seems perfectly balanced. But the LCP snapped like is was jumping right out of my hand. I could feel a slight pain sensation in my wrist. Now, I really want to try the Ruger LC9 and the Taurus PT709 Slim to see if the feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Originally Posted by davegran] Why didn't you like the LCP?
    The Ruger LCP, like its Kel-Tek counterpart, is very light and the hand absorbs the energy of every round fired. For some people, this is very uncomfortable. On top of that, many men have larger hands and have trouble being accurate with these small firearms.
    Thanks, but I was specifically asking brokenspocket about the LCP because he had some hands-on experience with it. Have you?
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Thanks, but I was specifically asking brokenspocket about the LCP because he had some hands-on experience with it. Have you?
    I know you asked me, but I am sure Jim has experience with an LCP because he described it well. I KNEW I didn't like it, and his explaination help me understand why. I just knew that it felt like it was going to jump our my hand and that it hurt alittle after ony 6 rounds. Now that he explained, i know that because the LCP has such little mass that the hand takes the force of each round.

If I can get my pinkie onthe longer mag of the LC9, I want to shoot that one.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 09-02-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Yes Dave, I have - as well as the Kel-tec P-32 (my BUG).

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    As for passing Government trials, is this the same US Government that went to the Baretta 9mm and gave up the Colt Model 1911?
    What's a Baretta? A cross between a Barrett and a Beretta?

I want one of THOSE!

Campaign Veteran
    I love my 3.8 9mm. Fed about 500 rounds through it this weekend and had a blast as always!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast