• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking about picking up a Springfield?

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Just saw this this evening. Buy a Springfield XD or XDM between September 1st and November 30th, and on top of the XD/XDM gear kit that comes with it you can send in the rebate for 3 more magazines and another dual mag holder.

Another $150 worth of free goodies.

http://www.springfieldpromo.com/

So, that's 5 magazines and 2 dual mag belt holders for your gun. I'm going to pop out this weekend and pick up another 3.8 (might even pick up the 5.25, but I haven't decided yet)

oak1971

Might want to check out what kind of deals M & P is offering. XD's seem to have a good rep too. But only Glock and Smith M&P passed the government trials.

Outdoorsman1

I love my XD.... Ease of tear down for cleaning, multiple saftey features, comfortable to hold and shoot, excellent round in chamber indicator....

I would not hesitate to get another....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Might want to check out what kind of deals M & P is offering. XD's seem to have a good rep too. But only Glock and Smith M&P passed the government trials.

We don't trust the government for anything else...why trust their gun choices...lol.

The XD is a great handgun. It was my first pistol purchase and is still one of my favorites. Besides that's a reallly good deal!

oak1971

We don't trust the government for anything else...why trust their gun choices...lol.

The XD is a great handgun. It was my first pistol purchase and is still one of my favorites. Besides that's a reallly good deal!

Ok. Got me on that one. :lol:

protias

XD trigger is far better than the M&P. I may just have to buy another XD so I can get some mags. :D

Lurchiron

Just saw this this evening. Buy a Springfield XD or XDM between September 1st and November 30th, and on top of the XD/XDM gear kit that comes with it you can send in the rebate for 3 more magazines and another dual mag holder.

Another $150 worth of free goodies.

http://www.springfieldpromo.com/

So, that's 5 magazines and 2 dual mag belt holders for your gun. I'm going to pop out this weekend and pick up another 3.8 (might even pick up the 5.25, but I haven't decided yet)

Go ahead...Pick it up; I dare ya!!! :dude:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Would that be an ugly holster by Cleveland Holsters by any chance?
That would be the only Ugly Holster I know of.... :banana: I will eventually put up some pictures of the disappearing act when I get my camera fixed. We're in the process of moving over to Grant county and that is dominating our lives right now. If you know of anybody who is looking for a three bedroom house with a 3800 sq. ft., 2-1/2 level, five bay shop of your dreams all on ten wooded acres, butting up to the 8th fairway of a pretty 18 hole country golf course, send them our way. :)

xd shooter

I love my XD .45, shoot with it in IDPA with great accuracy and speed, but I do practice a bit...

stickbow95

I love my XDm 3.8 in 9mm as well. I love the trigger, the balance, and the feel. I think they are a great handgun.
I bought it last fall when Springfield ran the same deal. Now I'm selling it on Saturday :cry: (Need the money). It will be the first time I've ever sold one of my firearms... I don't like the feeling.
However, I plan on getting an XDm 3.8 9mm Compact some time next year.

BROKENSPROKET

I bought my first handgun, without ever shooting one in my life. I got lucky. I chose the XD-45. I love it. I even have an IWB holster for it.

Later I bought a Taurus PT145 for CC, and I only have 20 rounds thru it. Right now it is with Big River Leather having a holster made for it. When I get it back, I plan on spending some quality time with it.

I have been thinking about getting an LCP and I got the chance to shoot a Ruger LCP last week. After 6 rounds, I never want to touch an LCP again. Maybe an Ruger LC9 or a Taurus PT709 Slim.

Last edited:

apierce918

unless you have seen something where the XD failed "government trials" then it doesnt really matter.

Last edited:

jpm84092

I own a Glock 17 (9mm) full size AND a Glock 21 (.45 ACP) full size. But...

I carry a Springfield XD-9 or XD-45 depending on my mood. (On my trip here the other day, it was the Springfield XD-9 in UT, WY, NE, and IA. She got unloaded and placed in a locked case in the trunk with the magazine locked into a different case in the locked trunk at the IL / IA border.)

As for passing Government trials, is this the same US Government that went to the Baretta 9mm and gave up the Colt Model 1911?

I used a Taurus Millennium Pro PT-145 on my qualification shoot for NRA Firearms Instructor - pistol. Keep in mind that the Taurus Millennium series are very short barreled handgun - and - that first trigger press is a long one. I used to carry it full time, but now carry the Springfield XD.

jpm84092

Why didn't you like the LCP?

The Ruger LCP, like its Kel-Tek counterpart, is very light and the hand absorbs the energy of every round fired. For some people, this is very uncomfortable. On top of that, many men have larger hands and have trouble being accurate with these small firearms.